Posted on: June 25, 2022
- HQ in Athens, GA
- Open to hybrid work. Occasional travel required to office and
- Candidates must live in Georgia.
- Responsibilities are focused on overall engagement and client
management to ensure timely completion of work and quality service.
Responsible for the preparation and review of attestation and
assurance engagements. Develop an understanding and proficiency in
tax planning and tax matters.
- Preparation and Review of deliverables including compilations,
reviews, audits, and other consulting engagements for all entity
types ensuring preparation in accordance with professional and firm
standards. Develop an understanding and proficiency in tax planning
and tax matters.
- Performs complex schedule computations and review of accruals,
property & equipment, and calculates depreciation expense. Prepares
complex and reviews basic personal property tax returns.
- Conducts all phases of assigned audit or review procedures for
specific accounts and transactions including fieldwork and
reporting findings under the supervision of the engagement manager
or shareholder. Begins to plan, coordinate and supervise some
phases of the audit engagement under close supervision.
- Prepares clear, concise and neat work papers with documented
conclusions. Self-reviews all work for obvious errors prior to
turning in for review.
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and
financial statements using QuickBooks software. Reconciles accounts
to control accounts. Assists in reviewing and proofing financial
statements, account reconciliations, and other documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Master's
degree or 150 credits to meet CPA license requirement preferred.
All educational requirements must be met within two years from date
- Hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license
or making meaningful progress toward obtaining the license.
- Minimum of two years' experience as staff accountant or
equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the
- Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff
- Ability to use relevant technology including UltraTax CS, Fixed
Assets CS, and Practice CS, QuickBooks Software, CaseWare and
Microsoft Office Suite, as well as tax research software.
Keywords: SCI, Athens , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!