Posted on: June 25, 2022
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot
in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all
around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our
exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we
create in every corner of our company and the people at each level
who make that happen.Behind every great deal at ALDI are people
working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative
professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled
business as they collaborate and support the operations of our
National Services & divisional offices. And that helps our network
of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team
dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
Position Type: Full-Time (Transitional role temporarily supporting
ALDI Divisional Offices with Accounting Assistant
Starting Wage: $18.00 per hour
Work Location: Jefferson, GA
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI's Hybrid Work Program,
which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely
up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
Prepares, processes and maintains accuracy of journal entries,
reviews automatic postings and clears open item managed accounts
within the general ledger system.
- Processes sales tax, use tax, and other statutory payments to
comply with any federal, state, and local tax reporting
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of the company fixed asset
- Collaborates with division personnel as required to execute
timely physical inventory, transfers and disposals in accordance
with company guidelines.
- Maintains expertise in computer applications within designated
area of responsibility.
- Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report
irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
- Conducts training and cross training of knowledge and expertise
within area of responsibility.
- Serves as a backup assistant, as designated by divisional
management, to ensure proper coverage of necessary
- Communicates with internal and external contacts such as
National Services contacts, auditors, and banking
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system for the
department and ensures items are archived and disposed of per
- Provides any general office and administrative support deemed
necessary by divisional management.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in
accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a
collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes
concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the "extra mile" and
persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying
customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus
- Makes Informed Decisions: Analyzes all information and
available resources to make information based decisions;
establishes best practices and articulates rationale and impact of
- Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic,
efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and
accuracy of results.
- Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging
problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible,
leverages available resources to address situations before they
Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Analyzes and interprets data.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma / GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
Work is performed in an office work environment where a computer,
telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from
one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to
No travel required.ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits,
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount ProgramIn addition,
eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life InsuranceClick here to learn more about the
benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and
applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not
discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected
characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of
an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report,
and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Keywords: Aldi, Athens , Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Jefferson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!