2020/21 English-Language Arts Teacher 6-8
Company: Clarke County School District (GA)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The job of Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support
to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific
responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and
other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group
and individual student instruction within established curriculum
guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional
staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or
classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from
students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and
• Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with
instructional materials that address individualized learning plans
within established lesson plans.
• Administers developmental testing programs and/or subject
specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student
competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans. •
Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the
purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements;
developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom
goals in the home environment.
• Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations,
and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students,
parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel,
parents or guardians, and a variety of community resources (special
support personnel, etc.) for the purpose of improving the overall
quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom
objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
• Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject
specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective
program that addresses individual student requirements.
• Directs others working with and/or helping the teacher in the
learning environment (assistant teachers, student teachers,
instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers, etc.)
for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and
addressing the needs of individual students.
• Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in
academics through a defined course of study.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and
optimal learning environment.
• Monitors students in a variety of educational environments
(classroom, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe
and positive learning environment.
• Participates in a variety of meetings (Professional Learning
Communities, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering
information required to perform functions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (grades, attendance,
anecdotal records, meeting minutes, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Reports suspected child or substance abuse to assigned site
administrator for the purpose of maintaining student personal
safety, a positive learning environment, and adhering to regulatory
requirements and established guidelines.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (other teachers,
parents, administrators, industryspecific organizations, etc.) for
the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or
• Responds to emergency situations (student behavior problems,
health emergencies, security threats, etc.) for the purpose of
resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate
personnel for resolution.
Valid teaching certificate in the assigned teaching field
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions
require the following physical demands: occasional lifting,
carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger
Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40%
Maintains all licenses and certifications
Criminal Justice Fingerprint
Background Clearance Fair
Labor Standards Act
Keywords: Clarke County School District (GA), Athens , 2020/21 English-Language Arts Teacher 6-8, Education / Teaching , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!