Principal Engineer, Process
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: January 13, 2022
This position has the responsibility of providing manufacturing
support of current processes and process improvement initiatives as
well as providing support to Capital Project initiatives to install
new equipment, facilities, and/or utilities.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Facilitate changes to existing production processes.
- Accountable for installation, commissioning, start-up of new
equipment and changes to existing equipment.
- Assist validation of new equipment and changes to existing
equipment including document generation.
- Act as change control owner for equipment and process
- Coordinate change control meetings.
- Assign action items for change control.
- Accountable for closing out change control action items and
- Documentation includes P&ID drawings, functional
specifications, detailed design specifications, Turn-over-packages,
material specifications, and other documentation as required.
- Support manufacturing in troubleshooting product and equipment
- Drive the communication process between production and process
engineering to identify issues with the manufacturing process and
find long-term solutions to these issues.
- Identify improvements to manufacturing process.
- Improvements may include mechanical, automation, or
- Work with manufacturing and capital engineering on the
development of future capital projects and on the development of
requirements for the project.
- Responsible for User Requirement Specification
- Lead small scale capital projects up to around $500,000.
- Lead process improvement projects, continuous improvement
projects, and equipment improvement projects (expense
- Accountable for following capital process procedures and
execution of project with regard to cost and schedule.
- On larger capital projects, the engineer will work with Capital
Engineering and Equipment Vendors to ensure process requirements
are communicated and built into the equipment/system design.
- The engineer will develop specifications (user, functional, and
detailed design) for equipment and automation of the
- Develop and maintain overall knowledge of facility processes
- Provide training on process and/or equipment modifications as
required for new or existing equipment/processes.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for production equipment and
processes for Capital Engineering, Production, Business Process
Science, Quality Assurance, and Maintenance.
- Mentor less experienced process engineers in the performance of
duties within the process engineering group.
- Comply with GMP and quality requirements when completing core
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution in
Engineering or related science from accredited school.
- Five (5) Years applicable experience, engineering or scientific
in nature in a GMP environment OR seven (7) years engineering or
scientific experience outside of a GMP environment.
- At least three (3) years of experience leading projects
- Communicate verbally and in writing effectively with all levels
of corporate and local management and employees.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize, and coordinate
- Ability to understand and work within a regulated
- Ability to function in a leadership role as well as in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities\:
- Experience with GAMP Automation practices and documents
- Experience with and working knowledge of Allen Bradley and/or
Siemens PLCs and low voltage control systems. Experience should
include troubleshooting and modification of systems with an
emphasis on ladder logic, structured text and relay logic.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.Want to learn more?
Visitboehringer-ingelheim.comand join us in our effort to make more
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Athens , Principal Engineer, Process, Education / Teaching , Nicholson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!