Posted on: August 6, 2022
Manufacturing Engineer: Responsible for planning and leading
small to medium sized projects to improve quality and efficiency of
existing manufacturing processes as well as the scale-up,
validation, and transfer of new products into manufacturing.
Specific responsibilities will include project planning using MS
Project, equipment and process design or specification, process
optimization using Six Sigma or equivalent methodologies, process
validation, and the implementation of process and manufacturing
documentation. Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
- Investigates and implements improvements to manufacturing
processes to improve quality and efficiency, ensuring that all
regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Review manufacturing trending reports to ensure processes
remain in control, assist manufacturing in investigating processes
that yield product in specification but out of control limits.
- Investigate non-conformance conditions and implement corrective
- Work with Product Development teams to facilitate the
successful scale-up, transfer, and validation of new products.
- Prepare new or modify existing procedures as necessary for
product/process improvements and new product transfers.
- Determine Critical to Quality (CTQ) attributes of products and
processes. Establish trending requirements to monitor performance
- Design and execute engineering and validation studies for
process improvements and new products.
- Design and execute equipment qualifications for new or improved
- Represent Operations on multiple new product development
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent safety teams and
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting
research programs; applying knowledge of product design,
fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with
equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product
requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing
manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning
work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing
methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities;
establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Including PFMEA development.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by
calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing
production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends.
Manufacturing Engineer Skills:
- Demonstrated technical skill and experience in process
validation and equipment qualification.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including
previous experience with Statistical Process Control, root cause
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Minitab applications, and
project leadership strongly preferred.
- Above average communication skills, written and oral.
- Technical writing skills including experience writing
manufacturing documentation (Batch Records, Material Specs, Bills
of Material, etc).
- Mechanical design proficiency using SolidWorks or equivalent 3D
- Experience as a project manager/planner, preferably using MS
- Previous experience leading process improvement/new product
- Dealing with Complex Matrix Organizations
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in a role responsible for process
development and/or improvements
- Experience with new product development and its different
- Experience with technology transfer from different sites into
- Periodic travel may be required up to 20% ATW OverviewAmerican
Trailer World ("ATW") is North America's leading manufacturer,
distributer and retailer of professional and consumer grade
trailers, truck equipment, and parts and accessories. The company
formed in 2016 when the nation's two leading trailer companies,
American Trailer Works and Big Tex Trailers merged in a deal led by
Bain Capital. ATW has approximately $2 billion in sales, 6,000
employees and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. ATW's nationally
recognized brands include Big Tex Trailers, PJ Trailers, BWise
Trailers, CM Truck Beds, Dakota Bodies, Carry-On Trailer, RC
Trailers, Trailer World, TexTrail Trailer Parts and Wholesale
Trailer Supply. Its products are sold to dealers, retailers, big
box retailers and other OEMs, all of which serve a variety of end
markets including agriculture, construction, landscaping,
recreational and general industrial markets.
Keywords: ATW, Athens , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Lavonia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!