Senior Associate Director, Strategic Project Manager
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Senior Project Manager for large, complex, strategic investment
projects exceeding 50M euro overall project phases such as project
development, feasibility studies, technical planning, execution,
commissioning, qualification / validation and documented handover
to users.Special focus on Project Governance, Project Finance,
Sourcing Strategy, Quality, Architecture, MEP, Process, Quality,
Validation, IT & ERP, Automation.Responsible for approval processes
in different committees (Steering Committees, CapEx Board, Capital
Investment Committee, Peer Review, Capital Expenditure Management
Committee etc.).Responsible for the final project approval
(facility approval by authorities and handover to the users.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Ensure effective execution of strategically important, highly
complex projects and programs (50+M EUR). Responsibilities
- Development of the entire project organization and
participation in the composition of the Steering Committee.
- Monitoring and controlling, change, risk and claims
- Early detection of any deviations from the project (costs,
deadlines, quality) and taking corrective measures.
- Develop, structure and lead cross-functional streams / projects
aligned with BI project methodology
- Define and manage scope, budget, schedule, and associated risks
to deliver fully-functional deliverables / projects meeting
- Project Scoping\: Development of alternative concepts for
heterogeneous and highly complex tasks with possibly conflicting
- Creation & preparation of decision basis for senior
- Scoping the project with the project team in cooperation with
the client and in coordination with senior management.
- Management of the entire execution process for the investment
- EHS and quality management for all project phases in
cooperation with the specialist trades.
- Organizational responsibility for the correct and full
delegation of specialist responsibilities for EHS and Quality for
the transferred projects.
- Setting up, leading, organizing and motivating large project
teams with modern, cooperative management tools.
- Matrix responsibility / functional leadership for project team
members and engineering members in particular.
- Adaptive and Cooperative management tools within the project
- Active participation in culture change (mindset and thinking,
people growth, learning orientation) in the project team.
- Adopt and further develop project management tools.
- Application and further development of agile methods in project
- Effective stakeholder management from scoping to handover to
- Structure of the entire reporting system.
- Establish & maintain communication tools (e.g. project charter,
monthly reports) to effectively communicate with all relevant
- Recipient-oriented communication in the internal relationship
and negotiation skills as well as assertiveness in the external
relationship e.g. in negotiations and claim management.
- Ensure and measure customer satisfaction along the project
- Expand and maintain the network (also globally).
- GMP, EHS, Department SOP's, Good Engineering Practices,
Controlling Guidelines, Local Authorities / Engineering Guidelines
and Laws, Industrial Standards (country specific)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Scientific
or Business related field. Master's degree from an accredited
- In addition to a degree, at least eight (8) years' relevant of
experience in engineering, project management or operations within
a cGMP environment.
- Experience must be inclusive of leading people, teams, and
moderate to complex projects.
- Professional track record of experience in Scientific and
Operational functions (Research, Development, Quality,
Manufacturing, Engineering) with increasing skills and
- Longtime experience in a combination of these areas.
- Professional track record of direct management or project
management experience with increasing responsibilities and/or
- Excellent ability to lead directly subordinate and
cross-functional teams, teamwork, motivation and further
development, communication skills, good comprehension, diligence,
conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Persistence and resilience, confident demeanor, customer
- Fluency in English required - additional skills in German,
French, Portuguese or Chinese are an asset.
- Strong international/intercultural negotiations skills
- Proven experience in working in international / multi-cultural
- Extensive professional experience of leading project teams
- Proven experience in Negotiations / influencing with Local Site
Heads on project prioritization.
- Professional track record of management experience with
increasing skills or responsibilities.
- Professional track record of project management experience with
increasing scope, complexity, and scale.
- Good knowledge of CapEx project financial controlling,
- Excellent knowledge about roles, responsibilities, governance
structures and decision-making processes within AHBU and Corporate
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities\:
- Professional Certification in Project Management preferred
- Additional qualification in Business preferred
- Professional Certification in Scientific field or Project
- Preference for demonstrated complex management challenges (e.g.
organizational change / change management).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in
our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Athens , Senior Associate Director, Strategic Project Manager, Executive , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!