Manager, Resident Programs
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:The Resident Programs Manager has the
primary responsibility and authority to oversee the quality of life
for resident engagement as outlined in Brookdale mission and
cornerstones, the Optimum Life philosophy and culture, as well as
the Resident Programs Standards of Excellence. Serves as a part of
the management team to ensure policies and procedures are
understood, trained, and implemented. Hires, trains, and manages
one or more full time associates to ensure all program expectations
are in place and all customers involved have quality of life and
- Performs all duties in a professional manner and participates
in community leadership decision-making so as to have a positive
impact on community business operations including management of
department budget and staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the management team
regarding associate and resident engagement and quality of
- Negotiates and manages community contracts in significant
matters such as staffing, contract labor, vendors and
- Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey initiatives
and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Participates in the review of individual residents' service
plans and regularly documents progress. Participate in discharge
planning with other members of the management team.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies, using
independent judgment for "in the moment" decisions, calling or
contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to
the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management
efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes,
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and
- Plans, develops and implements creative and exciting Resident
Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the
residents within the community as well as through outside trips and
events; including coordination of one-to-one programming for
residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards or Excellence for
Resident Programs. Ensures Resident Programs' mission and model are
the foundation of community programs.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in
- Through independent judgment and discretion, manages a
volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events
requirements are met.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled according to the
Resident Program Annual Master Calendar.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of
- Ensures the Community environment (including equipment and
supplies) supports a whole-person wellness culture for resident
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events
outside of the community, which may include driving a community
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in recreation, health education or related
field and two or more years of direct programming experience with
older adults preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Requirements for California communities: At least one year
experience in supervising associates and in training
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Basic typing and
computer skills are essential preferably in a Microsoft Windows
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Athens , Manager, Resident Programs, Executive , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!