Director, Resident Programs
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Make Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to work in an
environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
- You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to
grow your career through professional development, as well as
ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness. -
-Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement
plans are available and vary by employment status. - Additional
benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
-Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. -Please note, Brookdale
is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.The Resident Programs
Director has the primary responsibility and authority to oversee
the quality of life for resident engagement as outlined in
Brookdale mission and cornerstones, the Optimum Life philosophy and
culture, as well as the Resident Programs Standards of Excellence.
The Resident Programs Director serves as a part of the management
team to ensure policies and procedures are understood, trained, and
implemented. The Resident Programs Director hires, trains, and
manages at least one and a half full time associates to ensure all
program expectations are in place and all customers involved have
quality of life and are satisfied.
- Performs all duties in a professional manner and participates
in community leadership decision-making so as to have a positive
impact on community business operations including management of
department budget and staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the management team
regarding associates' and residents' engagement and quality of
life. Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey
initiatives and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Negotiates and manages community contracts in significant
matters such as staffing, contract labor, vendors and
- Participates in the review of individual residents' service
plans and regularly documents progress. Participate in discharge
planning with other members of the management team.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies, using
independent judgment for "in the moment" decisions, calling or
contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to
the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management
efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes,
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and
- Plans, develops and implements creative and exciting Resident
Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the
residents within the community as well as through outside trips and
events; includes coordination of one-to-one programming for
residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards or Excellence for
- Responsible for maintaining Resident Programs' mission and
model which are the foundation of community programs.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in
- Through independent judgment and discretion, manages a
volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events
requirements are met.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled according to the
Resident Program Annual Master Calendar.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of
- Maintains community environment (including equipment and
supplies) to support whole-person wellness culture for resident
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events
outside of the community, which may include driving a community
- Directly supervises Resident Program Assistants/Coordinators
and Transportation drivers as needed. May act in supervisory
capacity as manager on duty or in the absence of the Executive
Director, if assigned.This job description represents an overview
of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is
not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities.
An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Education and ExperienceBachelor's degree (B.A.) in
recreation, health education or related field with two or more
years of direct programming experience with older adults preferred.
-Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
RequirementsRequirements for California communities: At least one
year experience in supervising associates and in training
volunteers. -Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines
and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses
sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems
based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of
these. -Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a
distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the
organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a
functional discipline. Basic typing and computer skills are
essential preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. -Physical
Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: - up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
biological hazardsBrookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Athens , Director, Resident Programs, Executive , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!