Executive Director, RN
Company: Bridgeway Hospice
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Affinity Hospice is actively looking for a branch Executive
Director who is passionate about giving exceptional care to our
hospice patients. We are one of the fastest growing, privately held
hospice organizations in the country. We are passionate about
patient and family care. We believe the care we provide truly
matters. This is an excellent opportunity to join a nationally
- WE MATCH OR BEAT ALL COMPETITORS SALARIES
- Paid 4 PTO weeks in the first year.
- Paid Mileage
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Company Advancement
- Free end of life training
- SIGN on BONUSES up to $10,000
- Tuition reimbursement for qualified team members.
Executive Director Job Functions
- Participates in operational planning and budgeting.
- Ensures that care is in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid, ACHC,
Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensures standards of ethical business and clinical practice are
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral
sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Monitors business operations to ensure financial stability.
- Oversees and participates in Administrator on-call rotation.
- Monitors operational progress toward accomplishing operational
and strategic goals.
- Evaluates hospice services and personnel using measurable
outcomes and objectives. Ensures compliance with the organization's
Performance Improvement program.
- Ensures follow-up on any patient, employee, or customer
- Establishes and maintains effective, open channels of
communication. Fosters a no-blame culture that encourages reporting
of safety and quality of services issues.
- Ensures adequate and appropriate staffing and staff
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures performance of
annual employee performance evaluations
- Ensures complete, appropriate and adequate staff development
including orientation, in-service, continuing education, competency
testing, and quality assessment performance improvement
- Conducts regular staff meetings and maintains minutes
- Ensures that interdisciplinary care is provided and that
Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) meetings are conducted timely and
records are maintained
- Ensures updated policies, forms and job descriptions are reviewed
with appropriate staff and utilized in the office
- Directs staff in performance of their duties including admission,
discharge, transfer, revocation, and provision of service to
- Ensures services provided by other agencies are authorized by
- Ensures that all invoices are reviewed, approved and forwarded to
the corporate AP in a timely manner
- Ensures appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports
are received by the Governing Body
- Ensuring adequate space, equipment and supplies are available
- Assists team members as needed to ensure that high level of
service is consistently provided
- The above statements are intended to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The Executive Director may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Executive Director Position Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of hospice management
- Registered Nurse strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of hospice federal and state
guidelines as well as Medicare and Medicaid hospice payor
- Must have a demonstrated ability to supervise, direct, and
motivate professional and administrative personnel.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with the community and
have knowledge of corporate business management.
- Must be able to communicate an understanding of hospice care and
the services provided to patient and family/caregivers through an
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in
good working order.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
written communications; skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Continuing Education Requirements:
- Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate
- This position requires a minimum of 8 education hours
- Organization personnel are expected to accept personal
responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job
related skills and abilities.
- All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran
Keywords: Bridgeway Hospice, Athens , Executive Director, RN, Executive , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!