Radiology Technologist (Anderson, SC)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Perform radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to
assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and disease. In
addition to x-ray tech duties, this position may also serve as
medical assistant (additional job description required).
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Greet patient, ensure that the patient has removed all jewelry
and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is
- Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging
- Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of
specified area of the body as requested by the physician.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation
to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all
supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Process images and review for proper identification and quality
- Utilize both digital and non digital diagnostic imaging
equipment, ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques
and all AFC Urgent Care policies and procedures.
- Prepare images for reading by physician as well as contact any
additional physicians if a second opinion is needed.
- Aid physician with prescribed patient treatments in accordance
with approved standards, policies, procedures and protocol as
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make
minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and
pleasant work environment.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond
promptly to customer needs.
- Treat people with respect, Inspire trust of others, work with
integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical
school or six months to one year related experience and/or
training. ARRT-registered or board eligible preferred. SCRQSA
licensed. Medical Assistant Certification or registry, Practical
Nursing License, EMT or Paramedic certification or license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing regularly throughout the shift.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Salary range $19-$25 per hour.
Full time employees are provided: (once eligibility is met)
- PTO options up to 80-120 hours per year
- Paid Holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Supplemental option for Life, Accident, & Cancer
- Retirement plans
Keywords: Media.Monks, Athens , Radiology Technologist (Anderson, SC), Healthcare , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!