Medical Assistant - Infusion
Company: Articularis Healthcare
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Articularis Healthcare Group, Inc (AHG)
is a physician led and owned organization dedicated to improving
the healthcare by supporting independent rheumatology practices
across the country. As the nation's largest rheumatology specialty
group with 20+ practices across 7 states, AHG provides access to
best business practices, advisory and management services, and
value-based treatment pathways. AHG currently has an opening for a
Medical Assistant - Infusion at our Athens, GA location. Our office
hours are Monday through Thursday with a 3-day weekend! Enjoy a
positive team environment, work/life balance, and robust benefits
package including 6 paid holidays, PTO, 401K, group medical,
dental, vision, and short & long-term, disability insurance. Please
visit our website at www.articularishealthcare.com for more
information. Job Summary: The Medical Assistant - Infusion, will be
responsible for assisting the infusion RN with obtaining and
documenting initial and subsequent vital signs, starting and
discontinuing IVs under supervision of RN, administering IM/SQ
injections under supervision of RN, assisting with supply
management, and assisting with drug inventory management. IV and
injection skills are a requirement. Essential Job
- Responsible for greeting and preparing patients for the
infusion appointment provider while maintaining a positive and
- Responsible for obtaining vital signs before, during and after
- Able to start and discontinue IV's.
- Responsible for patient safety and protection of patient
privacy rights by observing
- Abides by all HIPAA regulations.
- Obtains and accurately records patient information; vital
signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, and all
medical history in the EMR.
- Responsible for updating charts and tracking paperwork to
- Responsible for cleaning and preparing examination rooms,
equipment, and tools per protocol.
- Accurately documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and
examination results in the medical record as directed by the
- Responsible for keeping infusion area stocked while maintaining
cleanliness and organization and disposing of contaminated items
according to protocol.
- Must be flexible and able to travel between 3 local offices,
sometimes with minimal notice. Minimum Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- One (1) year of Medical Assistant experience.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Medical Assistant
- program OR an EMT certificate.
- Proficient IV skills.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience and ability to navigate an EMR.
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills. Preferred
- Successful completion of an Accredited National Certification
- (i.e.: AAMA or AMT) for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Rheumatology experience. EEO/AA-M/F/disabled/protected
veteran*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Articularis Healthcare, Athens , Medical Assistant - Infusion, Healthcare , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!