Registered Nurse for Hospice Services
Company: Affinis Hospice
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are a COVID-19 vaccinated workforce. New Associates must
provide proof of vaccination prior to hire date. Join us at Affinis
Hospice- a place where you'll be valued, recognized and rewarded
for the vital work you do each day. We'll surround you with a
strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of your life
- both inside and outside of our centers. And you'll get to
practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven organization
that's known for the highest level of care in our communities
Responsible for providing professional nursing care to Hospice
Services patients. Responsible for identifying patient/family needs
and for providing supportive care in accordance with the attending
physician's orders, plan of care and the Hospice Services policies
and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES * Assumes
primary responsibility for a Hospice Services patient/family
caseload that includes the assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating phases of the nursing process.
* Initiates communication with attending physicians, other Hospice
staff members and other Hospice agencies as needed to coordinate
care and use of resources for the patient/family.
* Assesses the patient initially no greater than 48 hours of
admission order and collaborates with the other Interdisciplinary
Group disciplines and others as needed toward the Comprehensive
Assessment within 5 calendar days of the election of the patient
for Hospice Care.
* Maintains regular communication with the Patient Care Manager for
Hospice Services to review caseload.
* Maintains regular communication with the attending physician
concerning Hospice Services patient/family caseload.
* Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual
factors that may influence patient/family health status and
incorporates that data into the plan of care.
* Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans,
actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are
reflected as they occur.
* Collaborates with other members of the Interdisciplinary Group to
develop a comprehensive plan of care and goals within two days of
the start of the patient's care and as necessary throughout the
provision of service to assure response to the patient/family's
* Provides Hospice Services nursing care based on systematic
assessment focusing on pain control and symptom management.
* Teaches, supervises and counsels Hospice Services
patients/families regarding physical care and other problems
related to the patient's terminal condition.
* Provides guidance to Hospice Services patients/families to assist
them in preparing for and coping with anticipated physical and
psychological events throughout the dying process.
* Accurately documents observations, interventions and evaluations
pertaining to patient care management and services provided in
accordance with Hospice Services policy and procedures on the day
services are rendered. Submits documentation in a timely manner
* Meets regularly with Hospice Services nursing staff to review
problems or unique issues from caseloads, share professional
support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional
* Participates in IDG conference and facilitates discussion of
issues from caseload for full staff discussion, consultation and
* Supervises the Hospice Services Certified Nursing Assistant plan
of care every fourteen (14) days and documents such supervision. If
concerns are noted, observes the Certified Nursing Assistant onsite
providing care. If concerns are ongoing, reports to the Director of
Hospice Services the need to repeat a competency evaluation with
Certified Nursing Assistant.
* Informs the Director of Hospice Services of unusual or
potentially problematic patient/family issues.
* Assumes role of associate nurse when responding to Hospice
Services patients/families of other primary nurses during on-call
time, or when requested by the Director of Hospice Services to fill
patient/family needs during the absence of another Primary Care
* Shares in providing 24-hour, seven-day week coverage to Hospice
* Provides appropriate support at time of death and period of
* Participates in Hospice Services orientation and in-service
training programs for staff.
* Participates in Hospice Services and community programs as
requested to promote professional growth and understanding of
* Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the Hospice and rules
and regulations of the State and Federal bodies which govern the
provision of hospice care.
* Supports and implements Hospice Services policies regarding
* Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting
servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of
* Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project
management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
* Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the
System. SKILLS AND ABILITIES * Demonstrated ability to assess and
respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings
and to cope with emotional stress.
* Must be able to function in a practice environment with minimal
direct supervision, accepting personal responsibility for
maintaining a professional relationship with patients and their
* Must accept responsibility for maintaining clinical practice
skills, learning and adhering to Hospice's policies and procedures
on an on-going basis * Extensive knowledge of healthcare and
long-term care organizations and their structure. * Ability to
effectively communicate and present information in a clear and
concise manner, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates, department heads, administrators, member
organization presidents and their leadership teams, and the general
public. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS * Graduate from an accredited School
* Currently licensed in good standing to practice as a Registered
Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia.
* Must have no less than six months experience in acute care
setting as an RN prior to home care assignment, or experience as
required by state regulations. Over one years experience as an RN
preferred. Experience in Home Care or Hospice preferred.
* Current CPR
* Ability to meet Hospice's conditions of employment regarding
health clearance, and provisions of professional references. EEO /
M / F / D / V / Drug Free Workplace Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Affinis Hospice, Athens , Registered Nurse for Hospice Services, Healthcare , Watkinsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!