Post Acute Physician
Company: Curana Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Amazing opportunity for a physician seeking a true Work-Life
balance. This position is ideal for a physician who appreciates a
flexible work schedule and wants to avoid mandatory 12 hour work
shifts or increasing unpaid time for after-hour clinic work
duties.SummaryApply and modify the principles, methods and
techniques of medicine to provide comprehensive geriatric and
post-acute care services. Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases
and injuries. Ensure comprehensive delivery of serves and quality
patient care. Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations
and suggest ways to improve delivery of service and
profitability.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions independently to complete history and physical data
on patients; performs complete physical exams; interprets and
integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative
to patient needs
Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
Collaborates, educates and supervises Advance Practice Providers in
managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other
pertinent information accurately and efficiently.
- Instructs and educates patient and family regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- Individual must be proficient in exercising autonomy in medical
decision making and providing a broad range of diagnostic and
therapeutic services.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical practice related to geriatric and
post-acute care settings.
- Knowledge of medical policies, regulations, and
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance,
and quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively, and effectively in
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.Education :
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Previous experience in with geriatrics and post-acute care
settings including SNF, IPR and LTACH but not required.
- Previous experience in EHR documentation.
- Proficiency in documenting and billing in any setting above, or
in the hospitalist setting.
- Most important is a positive attitude, a passion to provide
quality care and an interest in joining a family of providers that
understand the importance of a team-first
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State
of which being employed
- BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Current DPS and DEA certificates (or in progress)Language
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate to management,
clients, patients and staff information from documents, such as
patient charges, protocols, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and policy/procedure manuals. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve problems involving several variables in
standardized situations.Work Environment:
- Work is performed in a clinical setting. Involves frequent
exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing
radiation medical preparations, blood borne pathogens and other
conditions common to a medical environment. Contact may involve
dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people.Physical Demands:Work
requires full range of body motion which may include lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
Standing and walking for long period of time. Occasional lifting to
50 pounds. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow
performance of tasks inherent to medical practice and common office
work. Hearing with acceptable range for telephone contacts.
Requires working under pressure during emergency situationsDue to
the nature of our business, we require all of our employees to be
fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on their first day of
employment, in compliance with CMS requirements and all applicable
EEOC guidance regarding vaccines and qualified exemptions.
Keywords: Curana Health, Athens , Post Acute Physician, Healthcare , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!