Home Health Physical Therapist
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Caregiving is our Calling*
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice physical therapy
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
* Graduate from an accredited physical therapy educational program
as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy
* One (1+) year related physical therapy experience for PTs
entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are
sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to
patients.If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from
regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring
and/or residency program established.
* Current CPR certification.
_Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic._
*Description - External*
*What You Will Do*
Responsible for helping patients maintain, restore, and improve
movement, activity, and function thereby enabling optimal
performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life.
Under a physician approved plan of care, this position is
responsible for providing interventions, conducting reexaminations,
modifying interventions as necessary, and performing discharge
* Provides a comprehensive patient examination / evaluation at the
initial visit upon receipt of referral.
* Reassesses the patient at a minimum of every 30 days. Makes
necessary revisions to the patient's plan of care in conjunction
with the physician and documents the patient's continual care
* Provides physical therapy patient/client management, including
interventions in accordance with the physician approved plan of
* Provides documentation of each visit according to the APTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
* Provides coordination of care by participating in
interdisciplinary team and by observing, recording, and reporting
the patient's response to treatment and any change in the patient's
condition to the team.
* Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines and services
and initiates the appropriate referrals. Provides resources for
* Acts as a consultant to other care providers as needed.
* Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according to
OASIS user's manual definitions.
* Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) in accordance with
applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and
regulations.Provides consistent patient care oversight.
Remains accessible by telecommunication, conducts regularly
scheduled and documented conferences with the PTA, and makes
supervisory visits to the patient.
Assesses competence of PTA in performing assigned activities.
Remains available upon request of the PTA for reexamination of the
patient in instances of a noted change in the patient's medical
status, response to interventions or a discharge or discontinuation
from physical therapy services.
Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the patient's
* Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and
OBQM, and peer-review activities.
* Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the physical
* Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with the
care center that admitted the patient and utilizes other care
center care providers to assist with referrals to community
* Supervises the Home Health Aide when SN is not active in the
case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other
appropriate staff as necessary.
* Keeps abreast of physical therapy trends and knowledge for the
service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $1,219.69 - $2,281.15 per week
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* Day shift
Work Location: One location%24833951%
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Athens , Home Health Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Hartwell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!