Registered Nurse - STD Program Coordinator
Company: Northeast Health District
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is in Athens, GA, and does not offer relocation
assistance. Must be within a reasonable commuting distance. If
relocating to Athens, GA, please specify on the application.The
Northeast Health District is seeking a Registered Nurse to provide
professional nursing and technical consultation, training, and
leadership to public health nurses on the STD program in accordance
with nurse protocols, policies, and procedures. The position is
based in Athens, GA and involves travel to the Northeast Health
District's 10 counties (Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson,
Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe, and Walton).Job
- Provides new nurse training to public health nurses following
STD nurse protocols and the QA/QI manual.
- Provides general supervision, technical assistance, and
consultation to public health nurses with respect to the
assessment, plan, implementation, and evaluation of client care
plans, following STD nurse protocols.
- Provides direct client care working in health department
- Floats to all clinics to provide hands-on nursing education and
- Creates and maintains a high-performance environment
characterized by positive leadership and a strong team
- Assists and monitors the Northeast Health District's STD
program to ensure consistent best practice guidelines and
state/federal guidelines are met through data collection and
- Performs annual clinical evaluations of nursing staff.
- Develops and implements the District's STD quality assurance
- Performs STD chart audits annually for each nurse.
- Prepares and completes reports and surveillance activities as
required by the STD program. Ensures program compliance with state
and/or federal guidelines.
- Attends health fairs and outreach activities to promote STD
screening and treatment services.
- Member of monthly QA/QI and 340B committees.
- Attends and presents to County Nurse Managers on activities and
information related to STD program.
- Essential Member of Nursing Operations Team during Emergency
degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND one
year of nursing experience AND current Georgia license to practice
as a Registered Professional Nurse AND CPR certificationORAssociate
degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND two
years of nursing experience AND completion of a public health nurse
course within one year of hire AND current Georgia
Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification.Annual
salary of $66,000. Generous benefits include 13 paid holidays,
annual and sick leave, health insurance, and retirement plans.
Monday-Friday work schedule.Preferred Qualifications:Previous
public health nursing experience is preferred.This position is
subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has
No phone calls, applications accepted ONLINE ONLY through the link
Keywords: Northeast Health District, Athens , Registered Nurse - STD Program Coordinator, Healthcare , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!