Resident Assistant - Caregiver - Part-Time
Company: Legacy Village of Hendersonville
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Resident Assistant / Caregiver
- The Resident Assistant / Caregiver will provide quality care
and assistance to residents in accordance with the residence
philosophy and policies, and resident rights
- Assist residents in meeting their physical, emotional, and
- Adhere to each residents individual service plan, notify the
Resident Services Director and Wellness Nurse of any changes in the
- Answer and respond immediately to resident calls.
- Assist residents with their activities of daily living and
instrumental activities of daily living.
- Check on residents every two hours and document and report
- Assist with resident activities, encourage and assist residents
to participate in activities.
- Encourage residents to attend meals in the dining room, escort
residents to and from the dining room, assist with serving meals,
assist residents with meals in ways that meet their individual
needs and desires, observe and report changes in the residents
appetite and physical abilities to eat and drink.
- Assist with cleaning the dining room after the meal service as
- Assist with cleaning and tidying residents
- Assist with residents personal laundry as needed.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with residents and
- Dispose of all incontinent products according to OSHA
regulations and residence policy.
- Practice proper body mechanics when lifting and follow safety
guidelines according to residence policies and procedures.
- Respond to resident emergencies following proper residence
policy and procedure.
- Offer choice, maintain dignity, and promote individuality for
- Protect and maintain resident rights.
- Encourage and support resident independence.
- Carry out all duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- The Resident Assistant / Caregiver will attend all regular
staff meetings and required training sessions.
- Effectively communicate information pertaining to the residents
on a "need to know" basis to other team members according to the
residence policies and procedures.
- Notify your supervisor or the wellness nurse if you observe a
change in a residents condition.
- Respond to on-the-job injuries in accordance with the
communitys policies and procedures.
- Notify your supervisor of any concerns or questions presented
by the residents family members.
- Experience in the care giving to older adults
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Desire to work with older adults
- Friendly, caring disposition
- Any required resident care training
Keywords: Legacy Village of Hendersonville, Athens , Resident Assistant - Caregiver - Part-Time, Healthcare , Cleveland, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!