Posted on: January 26, 2023
"I love that we put the patient and family first in hospice. A
life can come into a dark place and we can help them realize that
it's not as dark they think."
-Shannon, Social Worker
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more
than a career - it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today as a Hospice Social Worker to positively impact the
experiences of our patients and families.
As a Social Worker, you will provide preventive, educational, and
evaluative and treatment services to meet the psycho-social needs
of patients and their families, to help them improve, restore, and
maintain their maximum level of coping. You will utilize community
resources and the members of the interdisciplinary team to aid in
- Provide direct social work services and counseling, facilitate
placements and monitor patient's adjustment.
- Complete assessments of each patient, review and explain
hospice services, and address financial concerns for the
- Develop and utilize community resources.
- Maintain working relationships with community agencies.
- Provide education and in-services to contract agencies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience, and Certifications
(A) Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of
social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
(B) Has a Bachelor's Degree in social work from an institution
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a
baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field
related to social work; and has 1 year of social work experience in
a healthcare setting and is supervised by an MSW; or
(C) Has a Bachelor's Degree from a school of social work accredited
by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by Compassus
before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an
- Alabama - Minimum requirement of BSW and licensure in the state
- California - Minimum requirement of MSW and clinical experience
relevant to the psychosocial needs of patients and families; an
individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in
- Colorado - Minimum requirement of BSW from a school accredited
by the Council on Social Work Education, Master's degree preferred
- Connecticut - Minimum requirement of MSW from a school
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; an individual
with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in Connecticut.
- Georgia - Minimum of bachelor's degree in social work; BSW must
be supervised by MSW who is licensed in the state of GA. MSW must
obtain licensure in the state of GA within one (1) year. Pursuant
to O.C.G.A. 43-10A and HFRD 111-8-37.03(dd).
- Louisiana - MSW from an accredited school of social work AND
current, valid licensure as a SW in the state (LMSW), AND has 1
year of experience in health care with documented clinical
experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the
- Massachusetts - Social Worker means an individual who is
currently licensed to practice social work under the licensure
categories of Licensed Independent Practitioner of Clinical Social
Work, or Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Social
- Michigan - Licensure required in order to be titled Social
- Mississippi - Masters' Degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and at least one
year of documented clinical experience appropriate to the
counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill.
- Missouri - A social worker must have at least a bachelor's
degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social
- New Hampshire - Masters' degree from a graduate school of
social work OR a bachelor's degree in a related health or human
services field, with at least 2 years' experience as a social
worker and the individual has established a consultative
relationship with a masters' prepared social worker.
- New Jersey - "Social worker" means a person whom:
- A. The State Board of Social Work Examiners licenses as a
Licensed Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:44G; and has either:
1. Nine hundred hours of social work experience in a health care
setting as part of the master's degree curriculum of a social work
2. One year of social work experience in a health care setting
after licensure as a social worker.
- New Mexico - Licensure is required, BSW is minimum education
required but must be supervised by MSW, MSW is preferred education
for hospice social worker.
- Ohio - Licensure required.
- Oklahoma - Licensure required in order to be titled Social
- South Carolina - Licensure required.
- Texas - active licensure in the state of Texas as a master
social worker (MSW) and one year of social work experience in a
health care setting; or active licensure in the state of Texas as a
baccalaureate social worker, one year of social work experience in
a health care setting, and if employed by Compassus after December
2, 2008, must be supervised by a qualified MSW.
- Wisconsin - minimum of BSW from a school accredited by the
Council on Social Work Education and certification by the state of
- West Virginia - minimum of BSW and licensure according to
education level (LSW = BSW + license, LMSW = MSW + license, LCSW =
MSW + practice hours + license).
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.
Estimated salary range $18.45 - $32.26 / hour. Actual salary will
vary by geographic location and experience.
Keywords: Compassus, Athens , Social Worker-PRN, Healthcare , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!