Posted on: March 20, 2023
Kaiser Permanente nurses advance the art and science of nursing
in a patient-centered healing environment through their
professional practice and leadership. Kaiser Permanente nurses are
guided by an integrated nursing model that places patients and
families in the center. Our nurses embody a set of core values and
professional behaviors that define who we are. The Staff Registered
Nurse practices professional nursing as defined by the Georgia
Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act and by organizational
policies, procedures and guidelines. Provides nursing care for
patients, members and families to restore and promote health and to
prevent illness and injury. Collaborates with leadership and
members of the Health Care Team to ensure the delivery of high
quality, safe care and service.Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates KP Nursing Values (Professionalism; Patient and
Family-Centered Care; Compassion; Teamwork and Integrity).
- Provides a professional level of nursing care to patients
within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to
assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish
nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and
evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. S43-26-3(8).
- Functions as an RN team resource as applicable for role.
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to the health care
setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and others
using critical thinking skills.
- Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support
staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a
resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of
medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the
physician or associate practitioner.
- Assists with procedures and nursing care within scope of
practice and skill. Monitors patients response during and after the
- Manages electronic messaging and e-mail related to patient and
provider requests and inquiries (In-basket support) as appropriate
through triage and direct response to the member within scope of
practice and/or triage/staging message for provider response.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiate appropriate nursing
interventions. Lead the nursing response to medical emergencies.
Ensure the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to
emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and
patient response according to established guidelines and
- Provides follow-up care to patients by providing outgoing
telephone calls, follow-up interaction, coordinating referrals,
scheduling follow-up appointments, call in/fax in prescriptions,
obtain and integrate lab, x-ray and other results, and manage
physician orders for lab/x-ray per guidelines.
- Partners with team to provide excellent customer service,
respond to patient issues and complaints and initiate service
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides
health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions
and coordination of care across the continuum.
- Maintains established quality standards by leading or
participating in quality monitoring, HEDIS and improvement
- Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance at all
- Successfully completes required RN Graduate Internship Program
as appropriate for internal or external Staff RN.
- May perform other duties as assigned.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of RN experience or completed a Kaiser
Permanente Nurse Residency program in Georgia.--Education
- Associates Degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.--Preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered
- Bachelors (BSN) degree.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Athens , Staff RN, Healthcare , Auburn, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...