Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Full-Time - Various Shifts Available, Piedmont Athens
Company: Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
JOB PURPOSE: Performs patient assessments, general respiratory care
procedures and protocols, arterial blood gas puncture and analysis,
maintenance and management of all basic equipment, and patient
1. Performs basic patient assessments.
2. Performs advanced patient assessments.
3. Initiates, evaluates and manages all types of oxygen delivery
4. Documents all procedures accurately and completely per
5. Administers medications via nebulizers, meter dose
inhalers(MDI), and dry powdered inhalers(DPI)
6. Performs quality controls and maintains proficiency in
obtaining, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting arterial and
venous blood gas samples.
7. Ensures basic airway management and clearance.
8. May initiate, monitor, and manage effectiveness of invasive and
non-invasive mechanical ventilation.
9. Performs other shift-specific, and therapeutic/ diagnostic
10. Manages cost.
11. Communicates with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Good verbal and written communication skills
Excellent clinical decision making skills and critical thinking to
assess patient care
The above information is intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Care Sciences or two years
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a
Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and licensed by the State of
Georgia under the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners,
BLS credential required.
ACLS credential required within 30 days of hire
Keywords: Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital, Athens , Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Full-Time - Various Shifts Available, Piedmont Athens, Healthcare , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!