APP Opening in Cardiology Surgical Specialties (PRN)
Company: Piedmont Healthcare
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Athens, Georgia. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com // // // Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI), located in the heart of Athens, is recruiting for an Advanced Practitioner to join the team to support the three surgical specialties – Thoracic, Cardiac, and Vascular – in a PRN capacity (working shifts as needed). In this role you will:
- Participate in rounding on patients in the hospital and ambulatory setting
- Admit patients to the hospital
- Complete Inpatient surgical workup and obtain consent
- Provide consultations from other services
- Call patients and address their concerns
- Complete procedures including chest tube insertions, IABP removal, chest tube removal, external pacing wire removal.
- Experience first assisting on all cardiothoracic cases and endoscopic vein harvesting recommended but not required.
- Coordinate the evaluation and screening process for patients being evaluated for complex cardiac, thoracic, or vascular surgery and/or interventional cardiology.
- Member of a multidisciplinary care team that assists in coordination and management of post-operative / post-procedure and critically ill patients in the hospital, as well as evaluating pre- and post-operative / procedure patients in the ambulatory setting.
- Application of specialized skills and knowledge related to the care of patients in the CVOR, ICU, CCU and CVICU areas.
- Contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting, and provide leadership to the organization. Piedmont Benefits:
- Well-designed training program offered
- Quality, Service and Reputation About Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI):The first integrated cardiovascular healthcare delivery program affiliated with a community health system in greater Atlanta, and is headquartered on the campus of Piedmont Hospital, a 481-bed quaternary care facility offering all major medical, surgical and diagnostic services. Offering a continuum of patient care, including: primary and secondary prevention, outpatient and inpatient cardiovascular care, and appropriate quality measures and metrics to demonstrate enhanced outcomes. Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Piedmont Healthcare, Athens , APP Opening in Cardiology Surgical Specialties (PRN), Healthcare , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!