Team Leader, Packaging & Labeling (2nd shift)
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The basic purpose of this position is to provide technical
direction and supervision in the packaging department according to
company policies and corporate business plans, to provide technical
competence through proper selection and training the work force, to
insure a safe work place through proper training of the work force
and to implement and maintain compliance status (cGMP, OSHA) within
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise personnel and activities in the assigned area in
order to produce high quality product or results.
- Troubleshoot production problems, document findings, and
implement solutions to resolve problems.
- Keep updated and train personnel in scientific principles, time
management, GMP's, technical requirements, and all other policies
and regulations governing the production of assigned product.
- Communicate to management progress of the department, problems,
employee actions, new ideas, and all other pertinent
- Administration of company policies and safety programs and
understanding and enforcing terms of the union contract.
- Interface with other department Team Leaders and employees in a
professional manner to coordinate the activities and issues.
- Requisition purchase of operating supplies and recommends
purchase of new or replacement equipment.
- Make recommendations to hire/terminate personnel and discipline
personnel as needed according to policies and procedures.
- Participate in and/or chair appropriate meetings and committees
as assigned. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in related business or scientific field from
an accredited institution.
- In addition to Bachelor's degree, two (2) years of professional
- In lieu of a degree, six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Experience must be inclusive of one (1) year of leadership
- Experience must be inclusive of managing and auditing master
receipts, batch records and process order data within relevant
SAP/ERP software systems.
- Experience in ERP inventory control system(s) is preferred but
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and database
- Demonstrated ability to train others and complete OJT
- Demonstrates the ability to follow systematic continuous
improvement methodologies and the willingness to identify, define,
and implement process improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aseptic or related production
techniques and equipment.
- A working knowledge of cGMP, EU and OSHA Part 11 guidelines as
they pertain to implementing process improvements on aseptic
production or other production equipment.
- Must be detail oriented, able to work with minimal supervision
and self-motivated to utilize resources to troubleshoot as
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects with aggressive
- Strong proofreading skills along with excellent communication
and written capabilities.
- Must be proficient in MS office applications such as Word,
Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to readily learn and quickly become proficient in
all software applications utilized for packaging equipment and
operations. Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19. Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person s actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Athens , Team Leader, Packaging & Labeling (2nd shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Colbert, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!