Assistant Store Manager
Company: Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Assistant Store Manager Job Description
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
OBJECTIVE Provide a management level as an extension to and in
support of the store manager within a single retail profit center
so that the sales and bottom-line profits are maximized.
JOB STATEMENT The assistant manager will provide management
presence in the absence of the store manager.
- Smile and greet all customers.
- Stand and/or walk up to eight (8) or ten (10) hours per day
depending on shift assignment.
- Read, understand, and write the English language at the
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations in order to make
change, complete end of shift reports and account for a variety of
inventory products during vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient vision to check identification and process
- Read and understand instructions for operating cash registers,
fuel pump controls, money order machines and other equipment.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk, soda, beer and
juice containers, etc. in a safe manner at least once per
- Squat, bend at waist, twist, grasp, reach and manipulate
objects to stock shelves.
- Lift from ground to overhead in order to stock shelves and
- React to a fire by lifting and transporting a fire extinguisher
to the fire area.
- Bend and remove metal plates and underground tank caps in order
to check fuel levels.
- Read measurements to one eighth (1/8th) of an inch to determine
- Climb a ladder to clean windows and retrieve materials.
- Sweep and mop floors, dust shelving and lift and carry trash
bags to outside bins.
- Sweep parking lot and clean outside grounds surrounding the
- Enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to
30 minutes at a time.
- Utilize a hand truck, flat cart, mop, broom, degreaser, and
various cleaning solvents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific responsibilities for the Assistant Manager's position
are as follows:
- General Management
- Observes work schedule as posted, unless a change is approved
by Store Manager.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by Store Manager.
- Works with Store Manager to maintain store standards.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc., Athens , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Bishop, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!