Executive Chef - FULL TIME
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Oversees daily operations
of the kitchen and ensures the highest quality food products.
Directly supervises and trains kitchen personnel on all related
- Oversees breakfast, lunch and dinner for quality assurance of
meal presentation and portion control.
- Selects recipes, prepares and coordinates all meals.
Coordinates prep for the following day's menu.
- Creates new dishes and develops recipes, standardizing recipes
to ensure consistent quality. Establishes presentation technique
and quality standards. Plans, modifies and develops menus.
- Performs a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review detail
of daily menu.
- Ensures an adequate number of culinary associates each shift
and ensures absences are covered.
- Estimates food consumption and requisitions food purchases.
Monitors and maintains inventory.
- Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for
daily food costs.
- Assists in applying appropriate loss prevention
- Assists in hiring, training, scheduling, disciplining and
terminating associates. Provides training for all kitchen
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to
state and local health department code requirements. Ensures all
kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times.
Oversees the proper inventory, storage and use of cleaning
chemicals. Keeps waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and
food recycling techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two year college or
technical school. Two to four years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
ServSafe Certified. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county
required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Management and Decision Making
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective
customer service skills and the ability to lead and supervise a
diverse group of people. Ability to coordinate the daily production
of menus, recipes and food preparation. Capable of managing
multiple job tasks including the preparation of several foods at
the same time. Excellent cooking skills and an understanding of
food preparation principles, ingredients and culinary terminology.
Ability to modify and develop creative recipes and menus that are
healthy and satisfying to the residents. Ability to understand and
apply sanitation principles.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Athens , Executive Chef - FULL TIME, Other , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!