Home Health Aide
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
What You Will Do
Performs duties essential to personal care which are given to
patients in their home. Provides support services, under the
supervision of the appropriate professional staff, to assist the
client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional
comfort according to physicians' orders. Works with patients and
their caregivers to assist them in assuming responsibilities toward
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6 ) months full-time direct, patient care experience
within the last five (5) years, in an institution or care center
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Per CMS
regulations, a qualified home health aide is a person who has
- (i) A training and competency evaluation program that meets CMS
requirements 484.80 (b) and (c) respectively; or
- (ii) A competency evaluation program that meets the
requirements of 484.80 (c); or
- (iii) A nurse aide training and competency evaluation program
approved by the state as meeting the requirements of 483.151
through 483.154 and is currently listed in good standing on the
state nurse aide registry; or
(iv) The requirements of a state licensure program that meets
the provisions of CMS 484.80 (b) and 484.80 (c).
- Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of
training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at
484.80(b)(3). 484.80(b)(3) A home health aide training program must
address each of the following subject areas:
- (i) Communication skills, including the ability to read, write,
and verbally report clinical information to patients,
representatives, and caregivers, as well as to other HHA
- (ii) Observation, reporting, and documentation of patient
status and the care or service furnished.
- (iii) Reading and recording temperature, pulse, and
- (iv) Basic infection prevention and control procedures.
- (v) Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body
function that must be reported to an aide's supervisor.
- (vi) Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy
- (vii) Recognizing emergencies and the knowledge of instituting
emergency procedures and their application.
- (viii) The physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and
ways to work with the populations served by the HHA, including the
need for respect for the patient, his or her privacy, and his or
- (ix) Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal
hygiene and grooming tasks that include-(A) Bed bath; (B) Sponge,
tub, and shower bath; (C) Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;(D)
Nail and skin care; (E) Oral hygiene; (F) Toileting and
- (x) Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- (xi) Normal range of motion and positioning;
- (xii) Adequate nutrition and fluid intake;
- (xiii) Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition;
(xiv) Any other task that the HHA may choose to have an aide
perform as permitted under state law.
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishing services
for compensation; if so, the individual must complete another
training and competency program before providing services.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse
assistant (and as per state certification/ registration
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care
experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status,
national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status,
sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any
other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Athens , Home Health Aide, Other , Covington, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!