Home is where the heart is! That's why PruittHealth Hospice is
committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as
providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our
PruittHealth family. That's why we attract employees who are
passionate about providing the highest quality level of care
possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking
for a home, rather than just a job.
As a member of our team, you will also have access to a
progressive benefit plan, mileage reimbursement, opportunity for
career growth, RN/LPN career ladder program for nursing staff,
holiday pay incentives, competitive pay structure with unlimited
income potential, flexible schedules plus a great team environment
that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Position: Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, $10,000
Sign on Bonus
Home Office: Pruitthealth Hospice Athens
Screen referral for appropriateness and perform admission to
facilitate the transition of the patient and family into the
hospice program. Also responsible to Case Manage patients and
families to ensure symptom management, patient and family
education, medication management, coordination of hospice services
and provide excellent
communication with the patient's physician.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients, and is designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- A thorough understanding of Hospice Regulations (federal,
state, and local government).
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
- Ability to interact with a variety of different age
- Participate in agency surveys and any subsequently required
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain
current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
Hospice,Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology experience is
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will provide
Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
Must have certification in basic life support CPR.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
PruittHealth Hospice is a part of the PruittHealth Corporation,
an innovative, family-owned organization. We're committed to
providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services,
including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living,
home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy, infusion
services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
Quick Apply Option:
Please email resume to email@example.com