Social Services Assistant
Company: Riverside Health Care
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in
planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and
directing our facility's social service programs in accordance with
current existing federal, state, and local standards, as well as
our established policies and procedures, to assure that the
medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are
met/maintained on an individual basis.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere
of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for
its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not
- Assist the Social Service Director/Consultant in the planning,
developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing of
the social service programs of this facility.
- Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other
related departments in planning social services, as directed.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures
for identifying the medically related social and emotional needs of
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of
the facility and the services and needs of the resident and
- Participate in discharge planning, development and
implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing
necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when
- Provide information to resident/families as to
Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs
available to the resident.
- Compile information on discharge plans and present to
appropriate committee as required.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments as
- Work with the facility's consultants as necessary and implement
recommended changes as required.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform services as
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director
concerning the operation of the social services department.
- Assist in making appointments for the resident/family as
required or appropriate.
- Assist in providing solutions for social and practical
environmental problems including seeking financial assistance,
discharge planning (including collaboration with community
agencies) and referrals to other community agencies when
specialized assistance is required.
- Assist in obtaining resources from community social, health and
welfare agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
- Assist in the education of the community regarding aging,
rights of residents, facility services and other related
- Orient the resident to the long-term care environment and
facilitate adjustment upon placement.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan,
Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the
- Report suspected or known incidence of fraud relative to false
billings, cost reports, kickbacks, etc.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be
directed by the Social Services Director or Administrator.
- Good assessment, listening, and counseling skills.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people
in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
For this position the applicant must hold a: Bachelor's
Keywords: Riverside Health Care, Athens , Social Services Assistant, Other , Covington, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!