Tests and inspects products at various stages of production
process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine
and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the
ability to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or
formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to
determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production
process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as
dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control
procedures, such as gage R&R's and capability studies.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate
deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality standards and work
instructions to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on
materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer
- Stand for long periods of time including during operation of
stand up lifts.
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs repetitively.
- Stepping up and down off lift; walking long distances over
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Repetitive motion activities including but not limited to box
cutting, standing, lifting, loading/unloading carts.
- All employees are responsible for knowing, understanding and
complying with the safety policies and procedures.
- Initiative and high sense of urgency
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills
- Internal/external Customer Service Orientation
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
Education & Experience
Education: High School diploma or GED required; Associates
degree or higher preferred
Experience: 1 year of quality related experience preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of SAP Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet
software and Word Processing software.
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status
Internal Use Only: Indirect Hourly
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.