Sr. Manager of Program Mgmt & Product Engineering
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position leads the local engineering design, development
and support of new and existing products and overall program
management of product launch plus product and process changes that
deliver cost improvement and FMEA risk reduction. This role is
accountable for developing, coordinating and implementing site
level strategies across multiple functions that directly and
indirectly report to them. This leadership role achieves this
through successful associate engagement and coordination across
functional areas both internal and external to the site while
satisfying customer requirements. They encourage and support
associate participation at all levels and promote a positive
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership for product integrity by ensuring
the product is conforming to design intent through product prints,
specifications, processes and control plan including oversight of
production validation setup and results. Actively collaborate with
individuals outside of the site (i.e. BU / PTC) that are key
stakeholders and resources to the product.
- Assures robust audit and testing processes exist to identify
and correct product deficiencies (e.g.: performance audits,
tear-down analysis, DOE's, 8D's and design reviews).
- Develop, program manage and implement strategic projects
through the site to continually improve products, processes and
services, including the delivery of measurable financial results
against established budgets and cost improvement targets.
- Coordinate and program manage continuous improvement activities
across the site with other internal stakeholders through robust,
disciplined problem solving including: Shainin Red X, Six Sigma
projects or Kaizen events. Assure utilization of FMEA (RPN) as a
tool for evaluation of risk for prioritization.
- Partner with the Finance team to develop, monitor and maintain
appropriate program launch or cost reduction project budgets
including capital planning and quoting.
- Interface with customers and other key stakeholders, including
those not within the site, regarding product and process launch or
change management performance vs. key milestones and APQP
- Evaluate and develop the product engineering and program
management team to facilitate performance feedback, develop talent
for successorship or broadening experience with lateral
- Ensure team members operate within and improve established
safety practices in their working environment.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is
- Minimum twelve years' experience in technical or related role
is required including strong financial acumen.
- Minimum eight years of leadership experience with multiple
direct reports is required.
- Formal training, experience, and/or certification in problem
solving tools and techniques (ex: FMEA, Shainin Red X, Six Sigma or
similar disciplined problem solving).
- Key business concept understanding: (budgets / Long Range Plan,
ROI, capital planning, markets, customers, business forecasts) and
utilizes them in developing strategies and key initiatives.
- Understanding and use of technical engineering software and ERP
Systems (SAP preferred).
- Quality Management System knowledge and experience (IATF 16949
- Proven ability to effectively solicit, develop, organize and
communicate ideas, recommendations and project status.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and travel abroad if/as
- Technical experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
with both machining and assembly involvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is strongly preferred with an
additional Business Degree.
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Informing (Communication)
- Problem Solving (Decision Quality)
- Strategic Agility
- Sizing up & Developing People
- Building Effective Teams
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Athens , Sr. Manager of Program Mgmt & Product Engineering, Other , Seneca, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!