Tool and Die
Company: CHASE Staffing
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We are looking for a ***DIRECT HIRE*** Tool & Die Repair
Technician in Williamston, SC!
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and
operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate
and repair single bit and progressive dies, cutting tools, jigs and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies specifications, blueprints, sketches, models, and shop
data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve
problems related to material characteristics, dimensional
tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools including lathes and grinder
to machine parts; verifies conformance of machined parts to
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface
plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces; fits and assembles parts
together and into assembled tools and dies.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat-treats tools or parts.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and
fixtures; recommends design modifications regarding construction
and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty
tools; draws or sketches design of product.
- Assists in instructing apprentice.
- High school education or equivalent with five years tool and
die repair or related technical experience. Accredited journeymans
tool maker certificate preferred.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend safety, operating, and
maintenance documents and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to obtain industrial powered lift truck license.
Hours: 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday-Friday
Pay: 30K-39K (depending on experience)
CHASE provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as
disabled veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other
legally-protected characteristic in accordance with applicable
laws. In addition, CHASE complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
CHASE is committed to complying fully with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensuring equal opportunity in
employment for qualified persons with disabilities.
We partner with talented job seekers to fill job openings for
companies large and small. Our recruiters get to know you, your
expertise, and your professional goals to match you with the right
opening. We partner closely with our clients to learn about your
company and its culture to successfully identify the best candidate
for your company.
For over 40 years we have helped thousands of people achieve their
goals. Whether you are seeking a new opportunity or looking for
outstanding candidates, youre starting at the right place with
Keywords: CHASE Staffing, Athens , Tool and Die, Other , Williamston, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!