Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Looking for a job with an organization that truly cares about
your health, safety, and success? How about a job where you have
opportunity for advancement, variable pay for performance, job
stability and great co-workers and leadership?
At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe that a job is just simply a
job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills
to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our
Georgia- Pacific Madison, GA facility is seeking a qualified
candidate, with a positive "can-do" attitude, to join our team as a
Maintenance Millwright. The Millwright helps ensure the successful
operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues,
recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades,
identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production
threshold of the equipment. Millwrights work a rotating shift that
includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels
and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial
construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence
while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our
Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
- Help us meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
through a quality maintenance program.
- Keep work area clean throughout shift.
- Being a team player and be comfortable working with
- Reading and understanding work instructions.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines,
policies and procedures.
- Conduct maintenance on equipment in accordance with the
scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Candidates must be able to work any shift, including overtime,
weekends, and holidays (as scheduled).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding
tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing,
- Willingness to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment
(safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, 6" top leather steel toe
- Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and
- Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in vertical mills,
or lathes, and must be able to do own set ups with minimal
- Experience in machining steel, stainless steel, aluminum, cast
aluminum, cast iron.
- Must have own measuring tools and common hand tools,
- Must be have good understanding of tool holder, insert types,
lathe threading, turning and boring set ups and be able to train
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in basic hydraulics,
pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, cutting with
torch, welding, reading blue prints, precision measurements and
geometric tolerances, inspection gages, and layout procedures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle and
repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved
reliability and up time.
- Knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets and precision
alignment of motors and couplings.
- Must be able to operate hoisting and lifting devices, set-up,
and repair of machinery. Adjust machinery and repair and/or replace
- Must have the ability to communicate in verbal and written form
and must have basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, must be a self-starter and
require little or no supervision.
- At least 2 years of mechanical and technical training.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers of
tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related
chemicals. We provide an excellent benefits program, including
medical, dental, 401(k), pension benefit, etc.
Georgia-Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V. To
apply, please visit our website at:www.gp.com/careers
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Athens , Millwright, Other , Madison, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!