Posted on: June 13, 2021
12143 Independence Drive, Covington, Georgia 30014
The responsibility of this position is the hands-on operation of
the terminal equipment and daily operating functions of the
terminal as so directed by terminal management.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and
adhering to safety policies in all work environments and
- Strict adherence to all Lafarge Safety Directives striving to
achieve ZERO Lost Time Accidents, Medical and First Aid
- Customer service, together with providing the final quality
control check of the product, are the major factors at the
terminal. The manner in which trucks are expedited, customers
handled, and activities conducted are vital to providing efficient
service to customers.
- Maintaining terminal buildings and equipment in good condition
and operating equipment safely is vital to continued
- Efficient handling of product in both receiving and shipping is
essential to efficient terminal operations.
- Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective
and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect
fraud and protect Company resources
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures -
communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from
established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Responsible for the unloading of barges and or railcars,
transferring of the products into proper silos, sampling and
testing of products received and shipped.
- Loads bulk unit trucks correctly, providing legal weights and
proper product for customer delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for safe, proper use and operation of unloading
equipment (vibrators, compressors, front-end loader, blowers,
pumps, vacuum systems, barge moving equipment, railcar mover,
pneumatic door opener, boot lifts, hoisting equipment, etc.).
- Processes Bill of Ladings.
- Proficient in trouble shooting terminal equipment failures
- Performs basic computer based office functions and generate
- Assumes responsibilities for terminal operation during absence
- Maintains the terminal in a clean and presentable state.
- Leadership role with routine maintenance and reports of
equipment as directed.
- Assist at other LafargeHolcim locations as required.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Performs all other duties and functions required by terminal
management associated with the operation of the terminal so long as
those duties do not present a hazard or violate any known
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic Knowledge about
computers, Microsoft programs, and SAP.
Travel Requirements: Willing to travel to other terminals in the
Northan Georgia Area.
- High Mechanical aptitude and ability. Knowledge of office
equipment. Pleasant and positive attitude working with co-workers,
customers, and the public. Physical ability to work at heights,
confined-enclosed areas, and perform unloading functions.
- Must be able to complete paperwork
- Candidates with a mechanical background and welding experience
- Autonomous, meticulous, good judgment
- Courteous with customers
- Knows and applies safe working practices
- Attestation on any kind of training an asset
- Knowledge of cement, the construction industry and integrated
computer systems an asset
- Good communication skills
Keywords: Lafarge, Athens , Terminal Operator, Other , Covington, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!