Consumer Loan Officer I
Company: Farm Credit Council
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Details of Role and Primary Responsibilities
Sales, Business Development & Marketing
- Proactively call and follow up with agricultural loan prospects
and facilitate the sales process utilizing financial knowledge and
- Expand existing relationships by proactively researching
customer needs, uses discretion and independent judgment in
understanding customer needs, and matching products and services to
- Pursue cross-selling opportunities with existing
- Documents all sales activities in Association's Customer
Relationship Management tool.
- Handles all walk-in traffic in a branch.
- Handles consumer loan requests and loan relationships
- Attend industry, community and business development events to
build a significant professional presence in the
- Responsible for building professional relationships with
influencers, realtors, community leaders, customers and prospective
customers based on mutual trust and respect.
- Interview applicants, gathers and reconciles complete, accurate
credit and financial data using the five credit factors under the
guidelines of differential analysis.
- Determine credit risk and makes timely and accurate decisions
within delegated authority.
- Establish and negotiate credit terms.
- Communicates credit decision to loan applicants with a working
knowledge of traditional underwriting practices and scorecard
- Assure sound loans; appropriate documentation and underwriting;
appropriate pricing and fees based on risk, terms, and servicing
costs; and implementation of business plans in accordance with
overall AgGeorgia objectives.
- Participate in various seminars and credit training to maintain
and enhance credit skills.
- Ensures compliance with all required disclosures on both
consumer and non-consumer loans.
- Handles FSA Guaranteed Loan Application submissions and
communication with local FSA office.
- Handles monthly reporting - including, but not limited to,
delegation report, watch list report, top 10 risk rating report and
- Maintains an individual portfolio of lending relationships of
$250,000 and less.
- Assists Commercial Loan Officer on deals >
- Monitor specific, individually assigned loans and assures that
the loans receive timely and sound servicing.
- Service loans in portfolio to retain high level of credit
- Reviews progress of loans on a periodic basis.
- Monitor and manage delinquent reports and offers counseling to
customers to bring accounts current.
- Monitor and manage the implementation and fulfilment of Loan
- Service loans, loan renewals, conversions, partial releases,
rate modifications, etc.
- Provides updates on loans in process to other team members as
Other Duties as Assigned
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, which may include
All AgGeorgia employees are expected to maintain a favorable image
by promoting Farm Credit in the community and are responsible for
complying with the various rules, regulations, policies,
procedures, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and
ethical standards governing the financial services industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with
all levels of the organization
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound
business decisions which serve the best interest of the borrower
and the Association
- Travel via auto to carry out essential responsibilities of the
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under
- Excellent computer skills
- Contributes to building and maintaining a positive team
- Focus on problem solving skills with solutions-driven
- Supports diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of Farm Credit Association policies and
- Current awareness of economic developments and production
technology affecting agriculture in the region
Security Roles and Authority
AgGeorgia employees are required to be both knowledgeable of, and
consistently compliant with, all policies and procedures regarding
security. These include, but are not limited to, the management of
sensitive documents, protecting workspaces/offices, monitoring
visitors, safeguarding passwords, and the prudent and secure
utilization of the Association's e-mail and social media systems.
Employees must also be fully knowledgeable of when and how to
report incidents of security breaches or lapses.
- Delegated Authority as deemed by the Chief Executive
- Access to Loan Origination and Mainframe System
- Access to Loan Files
- Association Employees (including Internal Auditors)
- Current and Potential Customers
- AgFirst Farm Credit District Employees
- External Association Vendors
Keywords: Farm Credit Council, Athens , Consumer Loan Officer I, Other , Washington, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!