Equipment Operator - Roads/Bridges
Company: County of Oconee
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Road and bridges equipment operators perform work associated
with constructing and maintaining of roads, bridges and other
facilities that are the responsibility of Oconee County. The work
includes operation and maintenance of light to heavy trucks and
equipment, semi-skilled to skilled work and manual labor, while
working in various environments and climates. Equipment operators
will report to their respective assigned crew leader and follow
instruction of other employees at the same position or below.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Equipment opperators must be able to perform daily maintenance
inspections on equipment and vehicles.
- Operation of single and tri-axle dump trucks for the purpose of
hauling materials to dump or spread.
- Operation of light equipment (i.e. skid steer, backhoe,
mini-excavator and tractors) for the purpose of clearing, grubbing
- Operation of heavy equipment (i.e. front-end loader, rollers,
dozer, pan, motor grader, paver and track-hoe), for the purpose of
compacting, clearing, grubbing and grading.
- Must be able to perform advanced maneuvers on equipment
- Frequent use of hand tools and power tools (i.e. shovels,
hammers, wrenches, drills and chainsaws). Additional duties
include: Must work inclement weather events; includes working after
hours. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The educational requirement for this position is: Completion of
- Education may not be substituted for experience.
- Related-experience required: Over 4 years.
- Experience may not be substituted for education. LICENSES,
CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS: Certifications, licenses,
professional designations, or other qualifications required for
this position include:
- Equipment operators must possess a valid SC Class A commercial
driver's license with appropriate endorsements.
- Must possess a valid DOT health card.
Keywords: County of Oconee, Athens , Equipment Operator - Roads/Bridges, Other , Seneca, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!