Retirement Plan Administrator
Company: Cannon Financial Strategists, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Cannon Financial Strategists, Inc. ("Cannon"), is a provider of
financial services to retirement plan sponsors and individual
client asset portfolios, and tax and accounting services to small
businesses and individuals. This Athens, Georgia based company is
approaching its fifth decade of delivering a layered, niche service
model built upon a rock-solid foundation of proven financial
planning principles and thoughtful customer care.
Today, as a comprehensive retirement plan sponsor consultant,
Cannon provides seamless plan and Registered Investment Advisor
(RIA) services that are conscientiously delivered to maximize the
value of retirement benefits for company sponsors and their plan
As an individual client wealth management company with notable
expertise in portfolio aggregation, allocation, and tax-planning,
Cannon enjoys a reputation as a smartly run, client-focused
regional asset manager, equally adept at customizing and advising
on portfolios for wealth-builders, wealth-preservers, and
Cannon prides itself on a history of applying simple, yet
timelessly valued service tenets to a transparent, competitively
priced delivery model. Centering their client's best interests as
the beacon for a never-ending quest for relevant market,
regulatory, and process knowledge, Cannon encourages a strong work
culture of initiative, accountability, teamwork, and client
reverence - all while fostering a collegial environment to flourish
and grow in talent and experience and enjoy the rewards of being
the best you can be among others like-minded.
About the RoleThe Retirement Plan Administrator (RPA) is an
essential member of the Retirement Planning Services (RPS) team
overseeing the day-to-day administration and regulatory compliance
of employer-sponsored retirement plans. Cannon's services are
highly customized by client, requiring an RPA to be a detailed,
rules-based problem-solver, attuned to regulations and industry
trends. The RPA will have both external (sponsors, participants,
and recordkeepers) and internal clients (retirement plan
consultants and advisors). The ideal candidate will be one that
prides themselves on understanding plan details while effectively
communicating broad concepts to sponsors and participants.
- Administer transactions in accordance with plan documents.
- Reduce Advisor call and inquiry volume by fielding and
addressing participant requests.
- Effectively communicate status of transactions, issues, and
- Assess and support maintenance of recurring plan contribution
and plan sponsor payroll processes.
- Administer and consult on Supplemental Executive Retirement
- Track and facilitate inbound qualified plan rollovers.
- Provide compliance production support, including but not
limited to census compilation, ADP/ACP, non-discrimination testing,
and Form 5500 drafting.
- Full understanding of plan documents, including Base Plan
Document, Adoption Agreement, amendments, and notice
- Apply problem-solving skills to develop solutions for
unanticipated or recurring issues.
- Utilize sound organizational and time management tactics to
prioritize tasks, follow through on all assignments, and meet
- Collaborate with Cannon team members to proactively identify
process and system improvements.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to
enhance skills and knowledge.
Required Job Skills and Abilities
- Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced
- Excellent client relations and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Above average organizational skills to handle multiple clients
- Capacity to thrive in a team environment.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with retirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- This is an onsite position.
- The successful RPA recognizes this position as a career entry
point for retirement plan consulting.
- Candidate's employment with Cannon is contingent upon the
successful completion of personal and professional references and
Keywords: Cannon Financial Strategists, Inc., Athens , Retirement Plan Administrator, Other , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!