Rep, PS II (Phleb)
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest
Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights
into life-defining health decisions. The PSR II draws quality blood
samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing
while following established practices and procedures. The PSR II
has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust
and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing
blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR II
will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on
process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and
accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be
assigned to a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house
call environment, long-term care or as business needs dictate.
* Collect specimens according to established procedures. This
includes, but not limited to drug screens, biometric screening and
* Administer oral solutions according to established training.
* Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
* Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately
including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order
from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing
* Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
* Data entry and processing specimens including labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
* Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
* Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols
and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance
Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook,
Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow
* Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
* Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and
* Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
* Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
* Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
* Participate on special projects and teams.
* Stay up to date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
* Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standing
Operating Procedure (SOP).
* With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
* Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
* Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned
workgroup or PSC's.
* Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer, and
document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
* Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
* Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for phlebotomy
services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
* Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes
appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
* Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on-site and provide regular input to the group
lead or supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
* Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of
pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
* Keyboard/data entry experience.
* Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
* Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
* Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and
required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long-Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
Preferred Work Experience:
* Minimum 2 years in a Patient Service Center environment
* Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of
duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the
weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently;
objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and
carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40
pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds
are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
* Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
* Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
* Position requires travel.
* Extensive use of phone and PC.
* Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
* Committed to all Quest Diagnostics Policies & Procedures
including Company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
* Ability to provide quality, error-free work in a fast-paced
* Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
* Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
* Must demonstrate Superior Customer Focus; ability to communicate
openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients;
ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout Quest; and
Knowledge of our business.
* Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high-volume
* Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Phlebotomy certification (required in certain states, e.g.
California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana)
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Athens , Rep, PS II (Phleb), Other , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!