Equipment Operator III (Roads/Bridges)
Company: County of Oconee
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description: The starting pay for this position is
$31,076/year.The function of this position is to perform work
associated with constructing and maintaining of roads, bridges and
other facilities that are the responsibility of Oconee County. The
work includes operation and maintenance of light to heavy trucks
and equipment, semi-skilled to skilled work and manual labor, while
working in various environments and climates. The position will
report to their respective assigned crew leader. Job requires the
instruction of other employees at the same position or
below.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: The task listed below are those that
represent the majority of the time spent working in this class.
Management may assign additional tasks as necessary.
- Must be able to perform daily maintenance inspections on
equipment and vehicles.
- Requires instruction of other employees at the same position or
- Operation of single and tri-axle dump trucks for the purpose of
hauling materials to dump or spread.
- Operation of light equipment (i.e. skid steer, backhoe,
mini-excavator and tractors) for the purpose of clearing, grubbing
- Operation of heavy equipment (i.e. front-end loader, rollers,
dozer, pan, motor grader, paver and track-hoe), for the purpose of
compacting, clearing, grubbing and grading.
- Must be able to perform more advanced maneuvers on equipment
than Equipment Operator II position.
- Frequent use of hand tools and power tools (i.e. shovels,
hammers, wrenches, drills and chainsaws).Essential Job Duties are
intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all
inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. Additional
duties include: Must work inclement weather events; includes
working after hours.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the organization's operations, services, and
- Good customer service skills
- Good motor skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Strong maintenance knowledge
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to work safely in hazardous areas or inclement
weatherEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The educational requirement for this position is: Completion of
- Education may not be substituted for experience.
- Related-experience required: Over 4 years.
- Experience may not be substituted for education.LICENSES,
CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS: Certifications, licenses,
professional designations, or other qualifications required for
this position include:
- Must possess a valid SC Class A commercial driver's license
with appropriate endorsements.
- Must possess a valid DOT health card.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: Physical Requirements:The physical activities
required for this position involve: Standing: under 1/3 of the
time; walking: under 1/3 of the time; sitting: under 1/3 of the
time; using hands: under 1/3 of the time; reaching with hands and
arms: under 1/3 of the time; climbing or balancing: under 1/3 of
the time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling: under 1/3 of
the time; talking or hearing: under 1/3 of the time; and, tasting
or smelling: none of the time.This position requires
lifting:Strenuous manual labor that includes lifting over 100
pounds on a frequent basis.Vision Requirements:This position has
the following special vision requirements:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen
up or down or to the left and right when vision is fixed on a given
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an
object into sharp focus)ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The
following physical conditions and hazards may be encountered while
working in this position:
- Outdoor environment
- Extreme temperatures
- Moisture and/or humidity
- Mechanical hazards
- Moving mechanical parts Oconee County is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving
excellence and strength through diversity. The County seeks a wide
range of applicants for its positions so that one of our core
values, a qualified and diverse workforce, will be affirmed.
Keywords: County of Oconee, Athens , Equipment Operator III (Roads/Bridges), Other , Seneca, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!