Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Operations Specialist is based out of our Southern Natural Gas
(SNG) Hartwell Compressor Station located in at 181 Turner Road,
Elberton, Georgia 30635. This is a Monday through Friday position
working 9 hour days Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on Fridays
with on-call responsibilities nights and weekends. Kinder Morgan
offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time
off. Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure
companies in North America. To be considered for our Hartwell, GA
Ops Spec job click on Apply Now to sign in or create an account to
upload your resume. This is a great opportunity if you are an
experienced Line Patroller, Pipeline Field Man, Natural Gas
Operations Technician, Quality Tech, Corrosion Technician, Gas
Mechanic or similar. Primary Purpose: Responsible for the
installation, operation and maintenance of Company gas/liquid
pipelines, appurtenances, terminals, compressor stations, pump
stations, process plants and other related facilities. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipelines,
compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors
cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment,
process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Start, stop and operate engines/pumps within defined operating
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all
engines, pumps and associated equipment at compressor stations,
pump stations, terminals, pipelines, and process plants.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, pumps, seals, valves and
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline
appurtenances, corrosion control protection systems, measurement
equipment and storage well equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all
facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and
gathering or storage areas, including but not limited to
excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete
work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment;
industrial wheeled tractors, water pumps, air compressors,
expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc...
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants,
public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One
Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required
(e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors,
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State
Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report and correct safety and/or environmental
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of Operations and Maintenance
(O&M) Procedures, site specific procedures, project scopes and
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards,
procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned. Our Operations Specialists come to
Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds, job titles, Military
Occupational Specialties (MOS) and Career Management Fields (CMF).
Many of our employees are Veterans who transitioned from Active
Duty or currently serve in the Reserves. So whether you received
your training while serving our Country in the military or while
working in the private sector we encourage you to consider
continuing your career as an Operations Specialist with Kinder
Minimum Requirements: Education:
- High School Diploma or GED Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after
regular business hours including after dark hours, which requires
carrying a communication device.
- Knowledge of compressors, pump stations, gas treatment, storage
facilities, process plant, gather transmission, and pipeline system
- Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, piping and
instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical switch gear, power
distribution, electronic circuits, electronic test and
measurementinstruments, the National Electric Codes is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability
- May be required to possess a commercial driver's license, drive
a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle
and Department Of Transportation DOT regulations.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as
required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression
requirements applicable to the job classification. Competencies,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various
operating systems, and other company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, and decimals).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s),
focus attention on details, and follow work rules. Physical
- Must be able to frequently:
- Enter confined spaces.
- Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward
positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions,
climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds
and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively. Working Conditions:
- May work in low-lit areas.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms,
ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be
- Be available for shift work when applicable
- Must reside in the general vicinity of Hartwell, GA for on-call
and emergency response purposes. The above statements describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. This position may
perform other duties as assigned. Job level will commensurate with
experience and skill sets. The successful candidate will be
required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check,
after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Athens , Operations Specialist, Other , Hartwell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!