Router Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Jackson Furniture Ind.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job summary:Router Operators work individually to produce wooden
machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer
numerical control (CNC) machine. This position requires
concentration, precision and attention to detail to meet and
maintain high safety and quality standards. 2nd shift hours are
4:30 pm - 3 am Monday through Friday.Summary of essential job
- Router Operators produce and sort specified cut wooden pieces
for the assembly of furniture frames.
- Prepares, maintains and operates CNC machines to perform
- Identifies specific order needed and desired result by
- Translates scheduled order to computer command and correctly
enters program into PC.
- Verifies the program is correctly entered.
- Prepares and loads OSB and plywood into CNC and performs a test
run to check if the machine produces pieces according to the
- Sets machine to produce full order and supervises the correct
execution while making adjustments, as necessary, to produce the
best result possible.
- Inspects and measures finished wooden pieces to determined
quality and correct measurements.
- Carefully and accurately sorts the different parts and readies
them for the next phase in production.
- Takes the initiative to check and maintain machinery daily to
ensure functionality.Additional Requirements:
- Measuring and math skills
- Utilize power tools to work on equipment and ability to change
bits as required.
- Ability to enter program into PC and verify information.
- Accurately separate cut parts according to type.
- This position is for 2nd shift, so must be able to work PM
- Must be able to work overtime as directed including 5-6 days a
- Previous CNC experience highly preferred
- Must perform job with safety as top priority
- Ability to show up to work on-time, every day, and take
direction from supervisor(s) in a fast-paced environmentWork
Environment:Regularly works around a manufacturing environment and
will experience conditions that include cold, or heat and humidity.
Noise level may be loud at times.Physical Demands: Must be able to
move and lift objects over time without fatigue. Constant movement
and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity,
coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to bend and lift parts throughout shift
- Must be able to stand on feet and/or walk for entire shift (8
to 10 hours per day).
- Must be able to push, pull, balance, lift, and load in excess
of 70 pounds constantly to move objects daily.Benefits:
- Dental and Vision
- Life, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Family owned company for over 80+ yearsLegal Disclaimer:Jackson
Furniture is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement
opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and
related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and
abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal
opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and
practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital
status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Jackson Furniture is an
equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Jackson Furniture Ind., Athens , Router Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Cleveland, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!