LPN - Habersham Long Term Care - Full Time
Company: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Job Category:Nursing - LPN
Work Shift/Schedule:VariesNortheast Georgia Health System is rooted
in a foundation of improving the health of our communities. About
the Role:Job SummaryThis position will care for patients in the
adult and geriatric age groups. Employee performs clinical duties
in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to
National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
- -Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications: Currently licensed as an LPN
in the State of Georgia. Current BLS certification required or must
be obtained within 30 days of hire. -
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: A minimum of two (2) years clinical nursing
experience with emphasis on care of adults in acute care medical
and surgical areas is required for Hospice. A minimum of two (2)
years clinical nursing experience with emphasis on care of adults
in acute care medical and surgical areas is strongly preferred for
Long Term Care. -
- Other: Graduate from a state approved LPN school of
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience:
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge appropriate to care for adult and
geriatric patient populations specific to unit of practice
- Meets all certification requirements defined by unit (i.e. BLS,
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems
used on unit
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities: LTC LPN
- Assesses the patient's physical and emotional needs and
provides appropriate care and intervention.
- Monitors resident for changes in condition. -Reports changes to
Physician, Responsible Party, Nurse Supervisor, and other
appropriate health professionals.
- Performs ongoing assessment and communicates assessment and
plan of care through written documentation and verbal reports.
- Correctly administers and documents medication regime. -
- Participates with instruction and education to resident and/or
family to help insure safe and appropriate discharge.
- Contributes to resident safety by: utilizing principles of
asepsis in all resident contact, providing a safe resident
environment (i.e., Call light within reach, side rails up, etc.),
maintaining properly functioning equipment and adhering to
infection control policies and procedures.
- Assesses the status of all residents nursing care of the
facility and consults with medical staff as needed. -
- Identifies and implements infection control and safety
- Participates in the orientation of other employees.
- Organizes patient care and demonstrates ability to set
priorities by addressing acute needs first and implementing
Physicians' orders within appropriate time frame.
- Assists in coordination of residents for admissions, transfers
- Evaluates and monitors, utilization of equipment and supplies.
Makes sure that adequate supplies stocked on the units and all
residents charges are appropriately recorded.
- Regularly checks emergency equipment to see if they are in
proper working order and that sufficient supplies are at hand.
- Helps keep the unit safe, clean and attractive by reporting to
housekeeping any major problems and reporting to maintenance any
Area/Unit Specific Essential Tasks and Responsibilities: Hospice
- Plans nursing visits in accordance with agency policy and
implements all aspects of the maintenance of current POT, including
documentation in accordance with the orders as scheduled with no
more than two variances, annually.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations as indicated by
the assessment findings and nature of the patient's condition, in
accordance with service policy and procedure.
- Provides hospice aide/homemaker duties and continuous care to
appropriate patients when assigned.
- The LPN assists with the collection of data from a variety of
sources to enhance clinical decisions about treatments and nursing
- The LPN provides feedback to the registered nurse in the
development of nursing diagnoses and carries out the established
plan of care and documents reassessments, interventions and
patients' responses to interventions. -
- The LPN carries out therapeutic interventions established in
the interdisciplinary plan of care. -
- The LPN provides feedback to the registered nurse continuously
in the evaluation of interventions and treatments and how they
affect patient health status and expected outcomes. -
- -The LPN supports the evaluation of care activities, education
and practice environments to ensure the provision of safe, quality
- The LPN participates in educational activities to improve
clinical knowledge and enhance role performance. -
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Vision: Heavy, Constantly 66-100% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Constantly 66-100%
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
- Intensity of Work: Constantly 66-100%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking,
KeyboardingWorking at NGHS means being part of something special: a
team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you
reach your goals. -NGHS: Opportunities start here.Northeast Georgia
Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally
protected classification or status.
Keywords: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc, Athens , LPN - Habersham Long Term Care - Full Time, Other , Demorest, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...