Company: Argo Group US
Posted on: October 15, 2018
Argo Group has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Sr. Underwriter with locations in Alpharetta, GA or Richmond, VA.Responsibilities:
- Meet the stated financial objectives around growth and profitability for an Inland marine portfolio
- Create relationships with our customers and deliver our products and capabilities to help grow our share of wallet
- Solicit risk opportunities, evaluate the exposures and price to acceptable profit expectations based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority.
- Own the portfolio and take necessary underwriting and broker actions on the book of business in accordance with guidance provided by the segment.
- Partner with Account Manager on new and renewal processes and appropriate servicing of accounts during their lifespan..
- Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal, within assigned territory to properly transact business within the state.
- Consult with general agents/brokers to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain underwriting guidelines.
- Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
- Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of agents; build a pipeline of opportunities to meet new business objectives and retention of profitable accounts and establish appropriate visibility with our business partners.
- Be innovative, share ideas and help the team whenever possible or if you are called upon
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or seven year to ten years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years underwriting experience of Inland Marine with authority
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to effectively engage in the negotiation process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU designation strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Keywords: Argo Group US, Athens , Underwriter, Sr., Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!