Front Load CDL Driver - 201 Athens, GA
Company: Waste Pro, USA
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Waste Pro has immediate Openings for Energetic CDL Drivers!
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers.
It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated
people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the
brightest people in the industry while driving some of the finest
Did you know that Waste Pro offers a $10,000.00 driver award? This
award designed specifically for drivers is attainable every 3 years
when the driver meets specific criteria. (Yes ... it happens all
the time) If you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge
apply with Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Front Load Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on
pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage. Performs
pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other
related work as assigned. Work is performed under supervision and
performance is reviewed while in progress and upon completion
through direct observation of routes, and discussion of
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the
position works. Requires a safe driving record.
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and
practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State
requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse
truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment,
observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate
with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand
highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* The Front Load Driver is responsible for servicing commercial
business picking up Front Load Containers. Empties containers using
levers inside truck cab to empty container into the truck using
forks. May need to open corral doors to access containers and as
needed, rolls 3-4 yard can on castors weighing up to 600 pounds
into position for dumping. Picks up loose trash off truck and/or
ground and cleans up spills that may occur. Transports waste to a
designated local landfill/disposal area.
* Completes route / productivity sheets, records mileage, fuel
consumption, log book (as required), Vehicle Condition Reports, and
* Communicates professionally with customers and reports any
customer issues / complaints to appropriate internal contacts.
Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through
courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse
operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive
attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
* Responsible for the safe operation of the truck which includes:
pre-trip and post-trip inspections, evaluation of materials left
for collections, determination of whether those materials include
any hazardous materials, decision making and judgment regarding
what materials may be placed safely in the truck for transport, and
ensures the safety of each employee encountered.
* Cleans waste from the packer blade and the truck body on each
landfill run to ensure smooth and safe operations
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean
Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check
under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses
air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate
in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping
up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by
Waste Pro .
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide
temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow,
rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50
pounds between 120-150 a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds
from the ground to waist height between 120-150 a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial
motor vehicle between 120-150 a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 120-150 a
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather
conditions (heat, cold, rain and snow)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Waste Pro, USA, Athens , Front Load CDL Driver - 201 Athens, GA, Professions , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!