Company: IMI Industrial Services Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
IMI is currently looking for a full time Electrician located
LOCAL to the Athens, GA area. Individuals must be willing to work
within a 75-mile radius of the Athens, GA area.
Electricians have either advanced from the Electrical Helper level
or have developed skill through technical training and / or
previous field experience of 0-3 years. Employees can also advance
to this position if they have obtained their NCCER certification or
if they have completed a related program through an accredited
technical school. Individuals should possess basic knowledge of
commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the
electrical field. They rely on instructions and pre-established
guidelines to perform the functions of the job and they work under
Generally these employees may specialize in working with certain
electrical systems and have a narrower base of knowledge. They are
required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform
various cleanup and housekeeping activities. These employees report
to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
Tasks that Electricians are required to perform include, but are
not limited to:
- Install, connect, test, and sustain electrical systems for a
variety of purposes.
- Plan, layout, assemble, install and repair electrical wiring,
conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment,
such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skill, including
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of
fractions and decimals.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings to
determine work procedures.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or
follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is
installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical
conduit using tools, such as hacksaw, pipe threading equipment,
rules, and conduit benders.
- Place conduit (pipe or tubing) inside designated partitions,
walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables
through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with
knife or pliers, twisting, or soldering wires together and applying
tape or terminal caps.
- Connect wiring to light fixtures and power equipping using hand
- Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches,
relays, and circuit-breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews
or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding
- Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility
and safety of components using testing instruments such as
ohmmeter, voltmeters, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components,
using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a
breakdown. Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, such as power
construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy,
at heights without fear; the use of logical step-by-step procedures
in work; planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform the
job at each Electrician tier level.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach,
stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended
periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally
lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors including times of
- Manual dexterity needed for repetitive tasks and to operate
standard operating equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath
machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair
- Must be highly safety conscious and have ability to see and
escape from dangerous situations
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of
- Good physical fitness, eye hand coordination and ability to
quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance with ability to move safely over uneven
terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shift.
IMI Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: IMI Industrial Services Group, Athens , Electrician, Professions , Athens, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!