Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of
Companies is currently recruiting for a Production Mechanic located
in Cornelia, GA!
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies,
has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60
years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery
with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to
Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help
address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve
and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and
solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and
hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions
like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a
life-changing impact. For more information, visit
The Production Mechanic Safely and efficiently executes daily tasks
related to the maintenance of Equipment for the production of
Absorbable & Non-Absorbable, molded, and Needle manufacturing
materials in an FDA-regulated environment. Typical tasks include
Preventive Maintenance to equipment including the troubleshooting
and repair of components, oil changes, testing, installing, and the
removal of equipment.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team delivering outstanding
results to our customers? Apply now for this exciting
* Operate all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned
production area, drills, wrenches, grinders, measuring devices and
meters to trouble shoot and repair production equipment.
* Participate in and work with a production team environment.
Receive direction from team members and production/engineering
* Work with limited direction in effectively diagnose problems and
repair the equipment in a timely manner.
* Read and work from detailed wiring diagrams, machine blueprints
and pipe layout diagrams. Ability to operate basic PLC controls on
* Understand production machinery in order to effectively diagnose
problems and repair equipment in a timely manner with little or no
* Make decisions involving judgment as to the criticality of
equipment during breakdowns, with the initiative to repair as
needed for the process; and, provide direction to other lower level
production mechanic. Including determining necessary tools and
* Ability to work independently towards a general result and
identify creative solutions while conforming to specifications and
safety requirements. Perform highly specialized troubleshooting and
repair work with little or minimal direction.
* Perform work in a safe manner, as well as, keeping equipment
clean and in safe working condition. Comply with all job specific
safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
* Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope,
etc.) and applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g.
ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
* Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures
(e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
* Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment in
area assigned according to the schedule, keeping neat and correct
* Associates in this position are required to be "on call" as
defined in the "On Call Policy" and the Fair labor Standards Act
and are required by management to respond to emergency or essential
work situations on established departmental schedules.
* Vocational, Certificate, Technical or Associates with 4 years of
relevant work experience
* BASIC computer skills (i.e. Email, word processor, etc.)
* BASIC understanding of PLCs
* BASIC math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide,
* Manual dexterity and ability to work with small and intricate
parts with precision
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which
include: Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing over,
into and under machinery for repairs and maintenance, overhead
work, pushing/pulling/reaching, repetitive hand motions, bending,
stooping and lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
* Must be willing and able to work one of these 8 hour shifts on a
regular basis: 2nd shift (3:00pm - 11:00pm) Mon - Fri or 3rd shift
(11:00pm - 7:05am) Mon - Fri (NOTE: All Times are approximate)
* CMMS experience
* CMMS Maximo is highly preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we're on a mission to change the trajectory
of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world's
healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies,
we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of
our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered
employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an
approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to
support the well-being of our employees, their families and the
communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our
employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey,
please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-Georgia-Cornelia-655 Ethicon Circle
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Athens , Production Mechanic, Professions , Cornelia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!