Company: The Timken Company
Location: Honea Path
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- An acceptable level of mathematics
- Requires heavy lifting and material handling
- Annual Eye Exam required Other Considerations:
- Computer skills preferred
- Inspection/ gauging skills preferred
- Blueprint reading skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Job Tasks /
- Conducts inspections according to government requirements,
Timken specifications, and customer specifications.
- Inspects visually for surface defects and dimensionally for
compliance with specifications using a variety of gauging equipment
- Performs off line inspections using Computerized Profile Gauge,
Rib Optical gauge, and Roundess Concentricity Flatness gauge.
- Measure parts to print per the applicable prints/Work
Instructions. Pass or holds product for disposition.
- Plans and performs gage set-ups as required.
- Notifies setter operator or supervisor of variations from
- Etches product to determine existence of grinding injury.
- Polishes materials to remove etch stain according to specified
- Operates polishing and hand grinders.
- Performs dock audits
- Procures, handles, and moves materials and equipment using a
hand truck, hoist, or by hand carrying.
- Follows quality procedures related to documentation.
- May require rotation of work assignments in various
workstations or manufacturing cells.
- Maintain knowledge of current quality and safety system(s) and
other regulatory compliance related to this position.
- Refer to Ergonomic Job Descriptions for the physical job
- This position is responsible to the Department SupervisorAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Athens , Machine Operator, Professions , Honea Path, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!