Company: Electric City Animal Clinic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About This Location:Electric City Stay and Play is located in
Anderson, South Carolina and has been serving the community since
2016. Electric City Stay and Play is part of the Electric City
Animal Care Family. We offer overnight boarding for dogs, cats,
exotics, pocket pets and birds. We also offer play for the day
doggie daycare, and a full-service grooming salon and spa. Here at
Electric City Stay and Play, we are a Veterinarian owned and
operated resort that provides peace of mind for owners to feel
comfortable leaving their pets to be pampered for a day or an
extended period of time. If you are a passionate and caring team
player please apply today!Overview:The Veterinary Technician (Vet
Tech) is responsible for assisting Veterinarians in the care of
animals. The Vet Tech helps during patient examinations and
surgical procedures by restraining animals when necessary, stocking
examination and surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools and
ensuring that equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also
communicate with clients (pet owners) and update patient files.
This position may perform an initial evaluation of the animal's
condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect
samples and administer medication.
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.Responsibilities /
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.Benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling
a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Electric City Animal Clinic, Athens , Veterinary Technician, Professions , Anderson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!