Maintenance Technician II - Refrigeration
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: August 5, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the Role: You
will perform multiple maintenance activities such as preventive,
predictive, general repairs, overhauls, trouble shooting and upkeep
of manufacturing and utilities equipment with the primary focus
being on refrigeration equipment, HVAC systems, dehumidifiers and
Building Automation Systems (BAS). Experience with Chillers (screw,
centrifugal, reciprocating) is preferred but is not a requirement.
Positional responsibilities include gas welding, operating
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation, use of technical
measuring devises, read and interpret electrical, mechanical,
pneumatic, hydraulic control systems schematics and drawings. How
you will contribute:
- Perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance of
essential equipment to include low/medium/normal temperature cold
storage equipment, process chillers, HVAC systems, air handlers,
central chillers, dehumidifiers, pumps, industrial control systems
such as BAS, general mechanical and electrical with most
responsibilities assigned to refrigeration in both GMP and non-GMP
- Maintain refrigerant records in compliance with US EPA mandated
refrigeration record keeping
- Will provide troubleshooting and diagnostic of refrigeration
systems and equipment components related to positional
responsibilities which include: HVAC, Chillers, electrical
controls, compressors, pumps, piping, plumbing, blowers,
dehumidifiers and facility equipment.
- Perform disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste following
- Respond to urgent and emergency work orders.
- Work within multiple CMMS.
- Complete Change Control documentation.
- Will be trained and qualified on designated facility SOPs
governing the operation of important systems, Refrigeration, HVAC,
Electrical, utilities and local GMP practices.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building,
plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and
- Ensure compliance with NFPA, NEC, UBS, UMC and UPC in
compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Must follow safety rules and responsible system repairs,
upkeep, maintenance, and operations managed within regulating
agencies to include FDA, EPA and OSHA.
- Attend required training and meetings
- Maintain housekeeping in all areas
- Interaction with Local, State, and Federal government entities
is infrequent but required. What you bring to Takeda:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A.A./A.S. technical discipline
- 3 years Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship
certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and
- US EPA Universal certificate.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems, chillers, HVAC, electrical,
Dehumidification, pumps and steam heat.
- Experience with refrigeration equipment operation and
- Moderate troubleshooting knowledge on refrigeration
- Basic knowledge of instrumentation and control logics.
- Experience using computerized control systems.
- Must become familiar with plant and divisional SOP's as related
to positional and department responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Will climb ladders, move about in close quarters, and work from
heights. What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement Important Considerations At Takeda, our
patients rely on us to provide quality products. As a result, we
must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure
we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection. More about us: At
Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of
novel specialty pharmaceuticals and outstanding programs. Takeda is
a patient-focused company that will empower you to grow through
life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda
offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for
excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive,
collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an
unwavering commitment to provide a Better and a Brighter Future to
people around the world.This posting excludes Colorado
applicants.EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law. Locations USA - GA - Social Circle
- Hwy 278 Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Athens , Maintenance Technician II - Refrigeration, Professions , Watkinsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!