Technician IV, Quality Control
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Technician IV, Quality Control position is a lead role
responsible for performing, maintaining and training on analytical
techniques and methods for Quality Control testing required for
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct product testing according to Standard Operating
Procedures. Provide accurate and concurrent laboratory results
using data capture forms and Laboratory Information Management
System (LIMS). Develop technical proficiency for multiple
techniques within the testing functions of Quality Control.
- Facilitate training as assigned by the Manager. Act as a
resource or go to person for technical support and department
- Facilitate preparation and monitoring of inventory levels of
reagents, positive controls and standards.
- Author and revise Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine equipment monitoring.
- Participate in analytical transfer activities for new
techniques with focus on laboratory readiness and strong execution
- Understand and follow cleaning and disinfection procedures for
all work areas. Maintain supply of consumables. Maintain accurate
inventory logs for freezers or other appropriate storage
- Communicate any problems to Manager and participate in trouble
shooting with resolution.
- Understand and comply with QA and Regulatory requirements
(9CFR, Outlines of Production, Change Control, Deviation, CAPA,
etc.). Demonstrate a visible & tangible commitment to HSE, Lean
Principles, and the Boehringer Ingelheim Values in all work related
- Ability to work in a controlled, regulated environment with
strict adherence to procedures and attention to compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree with science major and a minimum of 3 years
related laboratory experience.
- Animal laboratory experience or animal clinical experience
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with ability
- Computer skills to include: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and
- Proficient in compliance, QC testing and QC processes.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Rabies vaccination required
- Good driving record required (will use a company vehichle to
drive to other sites)
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19.This position will require individuals to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or
religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the
vaccine mandate and COVID-19. At Boehringer Ingelheim we create
value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives
of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative
healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans
and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who
nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning
and development for all employees is key because your growth is our
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person s actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Athens , Technician IV, Quality Control, Professions , Hull, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!