Lab Sample Receiving Technician - 3rd Shift
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Location: Social Circle
Posted on: September 22, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description To assist lab staff
and management as needed in jobs (preanalytical in nature) that do
not require performance by testing personnel in accordance with
established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), applicable
sections of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), with emphasis
on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), the Clinical Laboratory
Improvement Act of 1988 (CLIA), and applicable Takeda and BioLife
policies, procedures and quality initiatives. Responsibilities
- Perform sample receiving/accessioning/processing according to
- Perform sample centrifugation according to SOP as applicable to
- Responsible for discarding samples.
- Request and receive back-up samples if applicable to assigned
- Perform equipment maintenance and sample management functions
to ensure accuracy and appropriate sample processing is performed
and completed so testing is performed in a timely manner.
- Daily communication of issues related to laboratory equipment,
supplies, workload scheduling and participation in continuous
improvement activities. Interactions involve basic courtesy, tact
- Non-technical duties include monitoring supply inventories,
ensuring that supply bins on the Lab floor are adequately stocked,
and that work area is maintained in a compliant state, equipment
and instrumentation is cleaned in accordance with SOPs.
- Participate in operational excellence initiatives and projects
to drive a culture of continuous improvement to achieve site
operational excellence goals (including but not limited to 5S,
Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen and Developing Defect Free Processes
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Other duties as assigned. Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Desired: Previous
work experience in a Lab setting is preferred Key Skills and
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrate work history of above average performance and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, analytical
and problem solving skills and be detail/result oriented.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Laboratory environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 30 pounds, and occasional
lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens, 90% of work
tasks require prolonged glove wear.
- The physical demands described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to determine impact to product quality when
testing deviations occur, contain the situation and implement
preventive actions. Internal and External Contacts
- Interfaces with employees of various educational backgrounds
and levels within the company. Must be able to communicate
effectively with all these various business partners. Other
- Ability to stand up for 6 - 8 hours
- Ability to lift, carry, pull up to thirty (30) pounds. EEO
Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations USA - GA - Social Circle - Baxter Pkwy Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Athens , Lab Sample Receiving Technician - 3rd Shift, Professions , Social Circle, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!