Forklift Operator / Material Handler
Company: Mannington Mills, Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Level 1 Position: Material Handler
Pay: $18.15 - 19.15 /hr
Weekly Pay, Great Benefits, Advancement Opportunity
The Material Handler position requires good communication skills
and the ability to follow standard operating procedures, attention
to detail coupled with being a strong team player.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Move materials to and from designated storage areas.
- Stock Material. Sort and store items according to
- Pull orders using forklift based on production needs.
- Perform routine duties in accordance with established
- Perform cycle counts for inventory control.
- Maintain assigned housekeeping responsibilities.
- On regular basis drive various forklifts including sit-down,
stand-up, swing reach, electric pallet jack, and ride-on pallet
- Perform other warehousing functions and duties in accordance
with established departmental procedures and/or at direction of
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working
Job Responsibilities and Skills:
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Must have good customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to make inventory transactions in computer system,
SAP experience a plus
- Must be able to work overtime as required to load carriers
- Must pass forklift certification test
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Team player, able to follow instructions, goal oriented, able
to work in a fast-paced environment with sharp deadlines
- Ability to stand, push, pull & reach for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift & carry up to 60 lbs. Ability to maneuver
around an array of machinery. Use of hands to finger, handle or
feel. Color & peripheral vision; depth perception & ability to
adjust focus. Work environment conditions include: exposure to
moving mechanical parts; extreme heat & loud noise level in some
areas of the facility. Ability to quickly respond to a signal when
it appears. Must be able to wear steel toe shoes, hearing
protection & other assigned PPE for the duration of the shift.
Ability to work in an efficient & timely manner, multitasking where
necessary. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform duties which requires tolerance of standing,
repetitive hand movements, continual bending and squatting,
near/far/depth/color vision, and inside ambient temperatures
Mannington Mills is committed to a policy of Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Prospective candidates will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, gender, national origin, or any other legally protected
status. We are a drug and tobacco free employer. Mannington is also
committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Keywords: Mannington Mills, Inc, Athens , Forklift Operator / Material Handler, Professions , Madison, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!