PCT Patient Care Technician Med-Surge PRN Habersham
Company: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Job Category:Allied Health
Work Shift/Schedule:VariesNortheast Georgia Health System is rooted
in a foundation of improving the health of our communities. About
the Role:Job SummaryA non-licensed, staff member who is trained to
be flexible in a variety of nursing support and transport duties.
Performs a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to
nursing units, cleaning and stocking of patients rooms and other
unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined
practice. Functions under the direct supervision of the shift
primary nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and
geriatric age groups. Performs clinical duties in accordance with
population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient
Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures. -Minimum Job
- Licensure or other certifications: Current Georgia Certified
Nursing Assistant or successful completion of Fundamentals of
Nursing Course if a nursing student or CCHT certification (for
dialysis unit only).
- Educational Requirements: Reading, writing, and math skills at
a 10th grade completion level or higher as evidenced by a High
School Diploma, GED, or high school transcript showing completion
of at least the sophomore level of high school. -
- Minimum Experience: On-the-job training; previous experience as
Patient Care Tech desirable.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience:
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to push/pull patients
- Adaptable in changing situation and work assignments
- Able to accept direction from professional nursing staff, and
perform basic technical skills and procedures
- Bi-lingual basic language skills preferred
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Obtains and reports basic patient physiological data (such as
vital signs, weight, skin condition, color, and character of urine
- Utilizes proper body mechanics, provides for positioning,
mobility hygiene, ADL, and/or comfort needs according to procedure
- Monitors p.o. intake and urine output, recording amount on
- Promptly identifies and reports physical and mental status
changes to licensed staff assigned to the patient.
- Organizes patient care and sets appropriate priorities by
implementing physician and nursing orders within prescribed time
- Performs therapeutic procedures within the parameters of the
job description; reporting patients response to supervising
- Makes frequent rounds to patients room in addition to
responding without prompting to patient call lights, instituting
- Orients patient/family/Significant other to unit & room. Greets
patient & family in a positive pleasant manner with each
- Explains procedure or care to be provided to patient prior to
start of procedure. -
- Accurately & timely records patient data and forwards to
supervisory staff within established time frames. - -
- Attains proficiency with all required IT systems to support the
clinical staff - & accurate documentation of patient care.
- Answers the telephone in a polite and courteous manner. Screens
and refers all calls appropriately to ensure accurate
communication. Refers all calls to leave orders for patient care to
licensed staff. Relays telephone, verbal, and written requests
accurately to the appropriate individual (s).
- Places reports (ie:, x-ray, etc.) in patient's chart or insures
reports are sent to appropriate units.
- Contributes to patient safety by: Utilization of Universal
Precautions for all patients and appropriate use of personal
protective equipment. Careful adherence to NGHS Hand Hygiene
policy. Providing a safe patient environment (i.e. call light
within reach, side-rails up, etc.) Obtaining - and restocking
isolation supplies for patients on Infection Precautions.
Completing and documenting equipment cleaning responsibilities as
well as maintaining properly functioning equipment. Promptly
reports equipment issues to charge nurse.
- Distributes linen and ice to patients as needed in addition to
frequently offering refreshments as patient's diet permits.
- Replaces telemetry batteries as needed.
- Performs patient transport functions as needed by the
- Cleans and restocks.
- Changes out sharps containers located in patient rooms when
containers are two-thirds full.
- Replaces glove boxes and disinfectant wipes in patient
- Prepares room for new admissions. (make sure PPE is stocked,
bed is turned down and any appropriate supplies or equipment is
available for - the incoming patient). -
- Participates in staff meeting with no more than two absences
- Reads and responds to e-mails in timely manner.
- Exhibits flexibility in scheduling to meet department staffing
- Completes unit specific and annual competency assessment
requirements within specific timelines. -Physical Demands
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
- Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking,
KeyboardingWorking at NGHS means being part of something special: a
team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you
reach your goals. -NGHS: Opportunities start here.Northeast Georgia
Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally
protected classification or status.
Keywords: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc, Athens , PCT Patient Care Technician Med-Surge PRN Habersham, Professions , Demorest, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...